• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2008 Burmese Python

Hypancistrus

This is the 2008 Burmese Python, male, I adopted from Robbie. He was born in June '08. Robbie called him Shesmu, but Tara can't pronounce it, so we're going to call him Malakai.

He's working on downing his first rat right now.

49579_105794_Large_q1HYRlsuLjcR.jpg

Next to Reptiles Magazine for size comparison.

49579_105795_Large_247key37hdF.jpg

Beautiful colors on him. In the first pic I was thinking "nice size guy" but the next pic shocked me. Small guy that's for sure. I know you guys will get him up to HUGE in no time. LOL Nice addition to your family. Congrats ladies!

He is just a normal burm Lexie...but is very pretty for sure!
Yeah Becky, that first picture is deceiving for sure. I was laying on the floor beside him and it makes him look fat. We definatly need to get some nice fat rats in the boy and watch him GROW!

Here are some updated photos of Malakai. He weighed in at 1340 grams on Saturday when we moved him into his new 4' x 2' AP cage.

Attachments

• snakes 006.JPG
    snakes 006.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 91
  • snakes 007.JPG
    snakes 007.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 91
  • snakes 011.JPG
    snakes 011.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 92
  • snakes 019.JPG
    snakes 019.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 90
Nice lookin Burm but...they have big teeth.. I like corns better.

I'll wimper away now.

True that... but I've always wanted a nice burm and since Robbie needed a home for him due to Florida's new legislation, it was a good all around fit. The last data I was able to find on weight for him was in the 500 gram range sometime in '09, so he's been doing some serious growing!

We're hoping he holds back a bit and can be in the 4' x 2' for a year or so. Eventually he'll need a 6' x 2' or larger.

He is looking really good! Great job on fattening him up. Did you weigh him when you got him? He is one seriously nice looking burm!

He is looking really good! Great job on fattening him up. Did you weigh him when you got him? He is one seriously nice looking burm!

We did not get a weight when we first got him. Given how stressed he was from the 17 hour drive!! we let that go and kept meaning to do it. Glad we finally did. We'll be keeping better track of it from now on.

Oh my goodness! It is Mr Malakai Shesmu Kuta Simmons. What a gorgeous guy he is!!!

Thanks!! He's really sweet, too... once he is out of his cage!!

He is a beauty!

Thanks!

He sure is beautiful, and looks like he is thriving! I bet he is so happy to be spoiled!!

I think so. I was just downstairs doing laundry and he's partially burrowed in the litter, but poked his head out to watch what I was doing. I remember reading a story once about a guy who had a retic who liked to have his cage door open while the man worked in the herp room. He'd sit with his head on the edge of the cage, watching what was going on. This burm is a lot like that... very personable, for a snake.

I miss that little booger. Glad to see he's doing well. I'm sure he LOVES his new cage! He looks like he's gotten darker, too.

Yes, he just shed about two weeks ago, but our camera SUCKS... he is not quite as dark as he appears. Luckily Tara's parents are fixing her expensive camera for her as a birthday/Christmas gift... we'll be back to good quality photos in no time!

Back