• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What I got in Daytona...

abell82

Senile Member
When I went to Daytona, I was not looking for anything in particular. I figured I'd probably end up with an anery sunkissed, or something similar. But I didn't. There were some there, but I just can't get passed the Stargazer thing, so instead I bought this:
100_2725.jpg

A full grown albino San Diego Gopher. Isn't she beautiful?
It was a tough decision, passing on all those other beautiful snakes, SO MANY to choose from, but when I saw her, I just had to have her. Luckily my wife wasn't around to see what I paid for her! :dancer:
Unfortunately, I didnt find out until AFTER I had paid for her that she "appears" to be quite gravid. This would ordinarily be a good thing, but I have no idea what she was bred to, or when she'll be laying her eggs. (Or if they will even be good?) And I am not having any luck with eggs this year... Any who....
I was also eyeing a rather colorful, Albino Jungle corn baby, but the raffle, dashed that idea.
As it was my first year attending the corn snake dinner, I was not sure what to expect. I was planning on attending it, and then cruising over to the US ARK auction. That didn't happen. Instead, I had to take my new haul home, and tuck them in. I didn't even get to attend any after parties or anything
(not that I was invited anyway :nyah:).
So what did I get from the Raffle? More (much more) then I expected! My wife won an albino Kingsnake (thanks Gene!).
100_2724.jpg

I heard a grumble or two about this, since she was not a member? (You know who you are!)
To which I say only... Hurumph! and... :nyah:

Moving on... I also won a rather beautiful, (if I do say so myself) pair of greenish rats possible het for "Moonshine" via Jim Godfrey. (Thanks Jim!)
Male
100_2710.jpg

Female:
100_2713.jpg

I also won a beautiful trio of Lavenders, het Amel. They may not have the most exciting of hets, but they sure are pretty to look at! (Thanks Taylor!)
Here they are in no particular order:

100_2721.jpg

100_2714.jpg

100_2718.jpg

And I also won a pair of tongs, which will come in quite handy for feeding the kingsnake, which has already tried to eat my cat, once!

I know someone who would love to have the greenish rats if you just have too many new snakes!! And of course you're invited to any parties next year. You're part of the family!! Not like this year was very thrilling anyway. Everyone was so exhausted.

Wait- your wife isn't a member of what??? You don't _have to_ be a member of anything to participate in the raffle! Everyone is welcome! I know some people feel happier seeing their snakes go to someone they know- but there certainly isn't any rule, implied or otherwise, about having to be a member of CS to participate! Look at all the donations we got from non-members!!

Wow- good luck with the gopher. Don't they lay just a few, but huge, eggs? A nice snake like that, I bet they bred her to something equally nice. Yeah, I bought a gravid snake, a secret gravid snake, this summer, too. I know how you feel. At least yours is a nice big adult, not a skinny wormy two year old!!

Well- nice haul!!

I love that gopher!! I've been eyeing a few different moprhs for years.

Congrats on the raffle pick ups. Next year, I'm paying someone who's going to put in for raffle tickets and ship me whatever I win. If I'd known there were more prizes than the hets offered on here, I sure as heck would have made a deal with someone who was actually attending. I'm kinda jealous that I didn't know. Any chance next year some of those prizes could be offered to people not there in person?

It was great to finally meet you in person. I think Nanci and some of the others may have met you previously at one of the other shows I didn't make.

You ended up with some outstanding snakes! The gopher is beautiful! I can see why you couldn't pass her up!
And I am really looking forward to seeing what those ratsnakes produce down the road.

And like Nanci said - you don't have to be a member to participate in our GTG or raffle. We had the hotel staff participating last year and a little this year as well. It is for anyone who has an interest in reptiles.

I don't think the afterparty was as exciting as last year. Everyone was pretty pooped out and I know I went to bed fairly early. Maybe if I can get out there earlier next year and be more rested before Saturday night.....

I love that gopher!! I've been eyeing a few different moprhs for years.

Congrats on the raffle pick ups. Next year, I'm paying someone who's going to put in for raffle tickets and ship me whatever I win. If I'd known there were more prizes than the hets offered on here, I sure as heck would have made a deal with someone who was actually attending. I'm kinda jealous that I didn't know. Any chance next year some of those prizes could be offered to people not there in person?

There was a partial list put up on here of what I knew about prior to going out to Daytona. A lot of stuff (last year and this year) is donated last minute at the show so I don't know in advance to post it for everyone.

Nice find on the gopher. I used to be a huge ratsnake fan (still am) but the Pits are quickly moving up the ladder.

Those greenish babies are definite het for Moonshine. Congrats on winning them. They are well established (over ten meals in them already). I had no trouble getting my first het females big enough to breed in two years. I hope you enjoy them. Here's a preview of what you will produce with them.

Attachments

• 797510b0001.JPG
    797510b0001.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 110
I LOVE your "cable knit sweater" gopher snake :). Just beautiful! Any time you get bored with her, just send her along to my house, 'k? *grins* Ditto about the lavenders. Heck, they're ALL beautiful, but the gopher snake and the lavenders are my particular favs of your "haul" from Daytona :).

I didn't get out without picking something up. I got this pair of salmon snows from JMG and a hypo cinder.

Attachments

• salmonsnow11.JPG
    salmonsnow11.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 55
  • salmonsnow21.JPG
    salmonsnow21.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 55
Those greenish babies are definite het for Moonshine. Congrats on winning them. They are well established (over ten meals in them already). I had no trouble getting my first het females big enough to breed in two years. I hope you enjoy them. Here's a preview of what you will produce with them.

Jim, they certainly appear to be wonderful animals, I was not sure if they were definite hets, or possible hets. My appologies. They ate for me the first time last night. The male took his pinky right away, the female prefered my finger, to the pinky (LOL!) . They are quite interesting animals in their own right. The female seems to be full of attitude. I am sure she'll calm down, as she gets older. Thanks again.

My adults are not aggressive per say, but they will try to eat the first thing that they see move when their containers are opened! They are Horry County, SC locality animals. Yours are F2s from w/c animals. Their father is a visual morph that was w/c as a sub-adult in 2006.

I LOVE your "cable knit sweater" gopher snake :). Just beautiful! Any time you get bored with her, just send her along to my house, 'k? *grins* Ditto about the lavenders. Heck, they're ALL beautiful, but the gopher snake and the lavenders are my particular favs of your "haul" from Daytona :).

Yeah, she is quite beautiful, isn't she! I actually have a trio of them from last year...(different breeder)...

Jim, I saw those, at the show! They are very nice looking. You should get some very pretty babies from them.
I have no fears about the greenish rats, or there attitude. She was meerly trying to tell me my big ape hand was too close for her comfort. I have raised some large ratsnakes and they ALWAYS calm down as adults. I don't worry about the 400 gram snakes. It's the 1600 gram snakes with attitude that worry me...(LOL)

Gorgeous snakes. That Gopher is just outstanding. Love how vivid and clean the white looks in contrast to the orangy reds.

Gorgeous animals every one!! I do have a soft spot for those lavs though, they are really colorfull!
If your wife has not yet named the king, might I suggests "Amtrak", since Gene brought him over on the train :)

I left Daytona with alot too. 9 incredibly beautiful and treasured corns, (among them my first ultra cinder, okeetees and miamis ever), and memories that will last a lifetime.

LOL. LOVE the "Amtrak" idea for a name. Simply too funny!

GORGEOUS finds! Can't wait to see pics of the babies the gopher has... The greenish rats... a progression thread is a MUST! As for the others... wow!!! You really scored in Daytona, didn't you? :) Uber congrats!!!

Back