• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

RIP Bandit, Like a thief in the night you stole all our hearts!!!

Asbit

So Many Morphs...
This summer has been a tough one in this household. Hubby's Rig has had him laid off since the middle of May, I had to euthanize my king, one of my female corn became egg bound for which I used all of my savings and borrow my teenager's savings for her surgery, my father became very ill with Congestive Heart Failure and is no longer able to work or do much of anything.

But worst of all, what has caused me the biggest emotional upset was having to pick my 11 yr old son up this past Saturday from a Fencing camp and tell him that his cat Bandit was so ill she would have to be euthanized and that he would only have until Monday morning left with her.

She was not very old as far as cat's go, approx. 7.5 yrs and he has had her since he was 4yrs old. It just broke my heart to have to tell him again that another one of his pets was going to heaven. You see when we moved here to Prince Albert 8 yrs ago, we bought him a orange tabby DSH (Angel) and with in 6 mths it had to be euthanized due to kidney failure. Bandit was Angel's successor and yes another pet store purchase. As well approx 1.5yrs ago his WC Eastern Garter succumbed to and RI.

Honestly, 3 out of 4 family members felt that Bandit was their favorite of our two cats. Even though I know it was the best thing for her, I just kills me to have to teach him that the ultimate show of love for his best friend was to send her to the vet to be put down and then to have to watch struggle with the other cat being lonely and wanting his attention and he not wanting to give it to her because he misses his cat so much.

Anyway thank you all for listening, there is a lot of sadness and hurting right now and it is only the two of us home at this time so I am trying to be strong and comforting for him and have no one to share how I feel with, as hubby and teen are both working in other provinces.:crying::crying::crying:

Here are two pics of her, the first is of her with her full coat and the second is with her summer cut.

sept20tishaweekend009.jpg

100_5652.jpg

I'm so, so sorry. :( She was a very beautiful cat. I know how you feel. Within the past couple years we had to have 2 of our dogs euthanized. It's always very difficult, but it is comforting to know that they aren't suffering anymore.

Aww, I am sooo sorry. Bandit's a beautiful cat. I've never been faced with having to put one of my babies down. I just don't know what I'd do. I'll keep you and your whole family in my thoughts. So sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry- what a beautiful, lovely soul Bandit was! She lived a wonderful life with your family, even though its hard to imagine anything positive when losing a pet. Your family is in my thoughts! :(

Its always painful to lose a furry child, especially when it hits your human children so hard.

Across the Rainbow Bridge I go
To lie forever in the sun's warm glow
Know that I take your love with me
Your compassion has set me free
So don't be sad for my soul
No more pain, I've reached my goal
I will come back to make sure
Once again, you'll hear my purr
As I loved you and you loved me
We'll meet again, wait and see

We are facing that same sad journey with Maggie. She was diagnosed with advanced congestive heart failure this past Friday while we were in Daytona. Tara's mom took her to their vet, who has seen Maggie all her life. She is 13, going on 14, so she's had a good long life, but it's still hard.

You don't want to let go to soon... but for their sake, you don't want to hold on too long, either. A terrible thing to have to do, but one of the few real negatives to sharing life with animal companions.

Sorry for your loss, Asbit. We hope that you and your family are soon able to smile at the happier memories of Bandit. *hugs*

Thanks to everyone who has read and given their support you have no idea how much it means to me. This has been an especially hard one, as it has come at such a topsy turvy time of turmoil in our lives right now and the animals have always been a positive constant for us.

@ dionythicus Thank you so much for the Rainbow Bridge poem my son had wanted me to find it for him so I could type it out and post it with pic of his friends who have passed oh with out him. So that was very special to him to see that you had posted it.

Asbit, I have had to say goodbye to a good number of cats. It always hurts. (((Bandit, Asbit & family)))

I will ask my Bridge Angel Phillip, who never met a cat he didn't like, even before he went to the Bridge, to meet Bandit & explain the Bridge to her.

Sorrowfully,
Betsy, the cats, the Bridge Angel Cats, and the snakes

I'm so so sorry for you loss!

What a beautiful cat. He looks wonderful! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Wayne

My heartfelt condolences. It's a sad thing when an animal big or small leaves the living world behind. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thanks to everyone who has read and given their support you have no idea how much it means to me. This has been an especially hard one, as it has come at such a topsy turvy time of turmoil in our lives right now and the animals have always been a positive constant for us.

@ dionythicus Thank you so much for the Rainbow Bridge poem my son had wanted me to find it for him so I could type it out and post it with pic of his friends who have passed oh with out him. So that was very special to him to see that you had posted it.

That isn't THE Rainbow Bridge poem, I just wrote that this morning because I was so touched. I can spout poetry at a moment's notice. LOL I'm happy it made your son happy. I can locate the original poem if you'd like.

@ dionythicus I showed my son your last post and he does not want the original he wants your poem to accompany his pics of his past best friends, I hope that is ok with you.

I am so sorry for your loss. :(
It is never easy saying goodbye, even when you know it's in their best
interest.

((HUGS!!))

Back