• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Would this suit a snake?

Amyshizzle

Is this container suitable for a corn snake? Of course with proper ventilation and a heat pad under.

039-3.jpg

040-2.jpg

It has rat food in it right now but once all the rat food is sold (I don't have rats anymore) I can make proper adjustments to the container. It's pretty deep, I don't know if corns need on that deep. Are they arboreal? I still need to do more research but just wanted to know if this was good enough.

That would make an excellent tub for an adult corn. You can put branches in there, plenty of substrate for it to dig around in and a few hides.

Just make sure you use a few clips to make sure it doesn't get out.

Wayne

Awesome, thanks! I have a lot of containers lying around my house. This one is best though, its the biggest and mostly clear...little foggy... Might just get a new one that I can actually see clearly into.

Some corns like to climb pretty often. I attach plastic vines from the craft store with suction cups to the back and sides of the cage, and they definitely get used! I have a couple of little ones I hardly ever see on the ground. So the vertical space is good to have. I'd poke ventillation holes in the tub, and for that I REALLY recommend a soldering iron. Makes it SO much easier, and no sharp edges!

Tall tubs like that offer the possibility that even a bigger corn can be arboreal if they want to. I want to fix up a tub of that size for one of my adults that shows a propensity to climb things. I am going to attach dowels that are thick enough to take her weight and then add greenery to create a fake tree, I think.

I think I am going to get the zilla critter cage for my first snake and *if* I get a second this will be the enclosure it will have.

"If"? LOL! There is no "If" - listen to yourself. You're already planning your second snake!! You know it makes sense...

Welcome to our world!

LOL, I know!! The thing is I don't know if the parentals would allow TWO snakes in the house. Heck, I don't even know if they'll allow one. Do I care? No. Not really... Im going to get one against their wishes. =) I am old enough. I've done the research they haven't.
I always do the absolute best for my pets.

LoL I convinced mine to let me get one. Then I got another. Then I got 2 more. Then I got in trouble lol. And have to sell one =(

Back