• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Really impressed with Rodent Pro!

TrpnBils

22 is not enough snakes
I emailed RP last night with a question about delivery and I've gotta say I'm extremely impressed with this company right now!

Originally, I was looking at ordering a year's worth of rabbits for my burmese through Rodent Pro because my local rat/mouse supplier doesn't carry rabbits. When I looked up the costs on RP.com I saw that the total would be about $180 - which is not bad considering if I bought them the same size from my local pet store it would be almost $500. I was a little put off though when I saw that the shipping charges were actually MORE than the order itself (about $200).

In November I'll be going to a show where RP is a vendor, and I wanted to know if I could pre-order and then just pick them up down there without paying shipping. I wasn't too hopeful, but I just got an email back saying that as long as I pre-order the two dozen rabbits that I'll be getting, I can pick it up down at the show with no shipping costs involved.

It's nice to see a big company that almost has a monopoly on that particular industry is still willing to cut the consumer a break!

That's how I have started getting my mice from RodentPro. As long as the order is placed the Thursday before a weekend show, they have no issues delivering for free...and at internet prices!

This is the first time I've looked at this site and I now know I will be ordering from these guys.
Since a pinkie costs around 1.50 each or 12 for 10 dollars at our local pet stores.
While these guys sell 100 for 16 dollars! that's great.

Now I just need to see how much this will cost to ship to Canada (if possible).

Has their quality improved? I tried them twice times about 5 years ago and both times I couldn't have been more disappointed in the quality of my order. I haven't used them since, but if they've gotten their act together, I may give them another try.

I have used them for 3 years and never had an issue with their quality. The smaller mice are much prettier (intact) when picked up at a show, rather than being shipped, but that isn't all RP's fault. They get 1.5 thumbs up from me...

I've had no problems with quality from them with their rabbits. Like I said, I get my rodents from a local guy, but we use RP for our rabbit orders at the zoo and I've always liked them.

On a related note, we use American Rodent Supply for our mice/rats at the zoo (free shipping, but higher costs) and I would NEVER order from them for my animals at home. The 20 bags of large mice we got from ARS last time were all around 10-15g! This hasn't always been the case, but when they ship out things like that (rodent pro's are double that weight) they're screwing their customers and getting away with it.

Examples of what? Dirtier looking mice then some other places that I have ordered from. I do not take pictures of dead mice in packages if that is what you are asking for and if you are upset I am sorry.

I am not saying I would not order from Rodent Pro if I could save money on shipping because I would. A little pee on the fur of some mice is not going to stop my snakes from feeding. Now if Rodent Pro has other quality issues beside the appearance of their mice please do tell or lead me to the thread so I can read about it myself please.

Love the Fatman

It's nice to see a big company that almost has a monopoly on that particular industry is still willing to cut the consumer a break!

Huh? There are a LOT of rodent supply places out there. I use Rodent Pro some, but not if I'm in a hurry! Quality has been good my last few orders.

I just got a RP order in. 1300 mice. There's a few random poo pieces and a few of the mice are broken. I didn't realize that one of the half thawed small adults I had was broken in half when frozen (still looked whole) and I accidentally stuck my finger inside when I was checking it. Kinda gross but nothing to worry about. I'm please with my order, but I haven't tried any other places. Maybe I will next time?

I've always used RodentPro and have no complaints. Heck, when I freeze my own, I get way more poop and pee than anything I've ever received from them. And I especially love it when they have sales on what I need! Are they vacuum packed and laid out in neat rows on a plastic tray? No, but my snakes don't care about that and neither do I.

I've used RP before. No problems with quality or size. My current order came from Layne Labs & I haven't unpacked it yet (it arrived today at my work & I haven't gotten home yet) but I will say nobody else called to check that my package arrived on time, which Layne Labs did. So if the rodents are up to snuff I may keep using them as calling to make sure the package arrived as well as providing the tracking # is really excellent service in my view.

I've tried everyone I think except TMF. Nobody has sent me low quality rodents yet. I just shop around for the best price on the day I'm ordering, or who has everything I need ready to go out the door.

That's a good idea Betsy. Next time I need mice, I'll shop around too. Why didn't I think of that? Lol.

I've only gotten mice from RP once, picked up in person at a show and I was very pleased with what I got. Only one or two mice had a little poo and nothing was "dirty" looking. Other than a broken leg here and there, they were all whole.

I had previously been using Arctic Mice purchased at a local pet store and my sand boa was not always enthusiastic about eating them. I offered her one of the RP fuzzies and she snatched at it like she hadn't eaten in months and has never had a lackluster appetite since.

It looks like quality is varied by shipment...

Examples of what? Dirtier looking mice then some other places that I have ordered from. I do not take pictures of dead mice in packages if that is what you are asking for and if you are upset I am sorry.

I am not saying I would not order from Rodent Pro if I could save money on shipping because I would. A little pee on the fur of some mice is not going to stop my snakes from feeding. Now if Rodent Pro has other quality issues beside the appearance of their mice please do tell or lead me to the thread so I can read about it myself please.

Love the Fatman

Relax... I'm not asking you to take pictures of your mice. I just figured that if you were saying they had quality issues that you must have some reason for that. I was just wondering what they were. Why you are being argumentative about it, I have no idea...

Huh? There are a LOT of rodent supply places out there. I use Rodent Pro some, but not if I'm in a hurry! Quality has been good my last few orders.

Yeah, I mean I know there are more than a few out there, but honestly I haven't even heard of some of the ones listed in this thread. It just seems like the majority of the time when I hear people talking about these companies, Rodent Pro is "the" company a lot of the time.

I just unpacked my Layne Labs order. Boy does it look great. Nice and clean, well packed, all the air squeezed out. The rats are a nice size for the price I paid. The mice a super clean. Frozen solid, packed super tight in the box so there was hardly any dry ice at all in there but the rodents were rock solid. If they remain competitive on price I will definitely use them again. Marbles will be pleased with the rats I think, they are exactly the size he seems to want right now.

Back