• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Red eyed crocodile skink

heatfreakk3

Hey everyone, I am looking to buy 1 or 2 of these little guys. I have been looking into them for a while now and have been doing research on them. I can't really find them for sale anywhere though. I was just going to post on here and see if anyone has any for sale? Thanks, Chris.

i know the reptile store by my house does but that does you no good as im in california maybe paypal me and i can ship to you

I love those! I've been checking them out too! There are a couple vendors here in Tampa that have them at every show. Just Google them, I'm sure you'll be able to find a few breeders listed.

I have tried googleing these guys but the only things that come up is people asking about them really, and info about them. I can't find any actually for sale.. Do you know the email of anyone where you live that I could contact them at? And they could ship me some maybe?

Alright awesome thanks, also if you could just look at them a little and make sure they are healthy and doing okay, thanks. I wouldn't want ot buy a sick skink.

Frenchy, how much is their price from the store? I have seen these on Faunaclassifieds and Kingsnake.com for between 49 and 90 per, depending on the seller.

That's about the price I see them at my local reptile show. Only saw them once though. I wanted to get a couple myself.

Both websites have conflicting information on habitat, does somebody have a good link for housing the skinks?

I've done research and talked to people that have owned them before, and their care is quite simple.. Basically its like having a pet wet tub. They hide a LOT. You want to have like moist coco fiber or other soil for them. Then add a few hides, and cork bark and your basically good. You can add some branches and other decoration if you like, or a water bowl, because they can swim very well. But really they don't need any special kind of lighting or heating. Just need to keep well humidity.

Ah, thanks! The first link said sand / sand gravel mix as substrate and that they like to burrow in it. Which made it sound like a low-humidity environment.

No problem. Yeah I know for sure sand is a definiate NO lol. These guys like high humidity. And I love them so much not only becasue they are bad a$$ looking, but because you dont need these special lights and aquariums annd everything. I'm going to keep a pair in a 30 quart plastic tub, with dirt and a few hides and water area lol.

Back