• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Facebook

Hypancistrus

So as many of you well know, last Monday my Facebook account was hacked by some twerp who tried to convince bunches of you that "I and my family" were trapped in London after a mugging and in desperate need of funds.

Facebook has disabled my account. They sent me an email with all these steps I had to follow to regain access to my account. I complied with those steps on Tuesday of last week and have not heard one thing from Facebook since.

I've tried sending an email reply back to Facebook at the address they initially asked me to email them at and they have, again, not responded. I even tried following the instructions on Facebook's website to regain access to my account... again, nothing.

I'm very frustrated by this, their FAQ page offers no insight to the process.

I feel as if, in this, I am the victim, and it's very, very unfair of them not to at least reply to my email and say "Thank you for the reply-- we are working on it." To have no word at all is really very unprofessional of them.

Anyone have any thoughts, or has anyone had this happen before and can give me some idea of a timeline?

Edit: Tara and I combed through the files on the laptop and it turns out I was smart enough to also save the photos here! So I do have those, thankfully. Still am interested in hearing whether others got their account back or just had to start a new one?

I would be blowing up there email, the loudest squeak gets the oil.

I hope you can get it back, I would be very upset if it was me :(

Wow, that's crazy.
I don't know anybody that's had their Facebook hacked and I've never had to contact them about anything. I hope your account gets resolved soon and hopefully their customer service improves!

An important thing to remember about facebook, especially when dealing with "customer service". Facebook does not consider you a customer, they consider you inventory. Facebook has become a data mining company, if a little inventory is lost, its not a big deal to them.

I agree with Mike. FB is similar to the bazillion dollar behemoth WalMart. FB is not worried about one defective flashlight. Especially if it is not used often. FB is interested in steady large volume.

personally i wouldn't start a new one, it would be a HUGE process. putting back all the photos, adding back all your friends (not to mention they'd be really confused since they already have you on their friends list) you would lose all your tags and comments, etc.

VERY frustrating! i have no idea what i would do in this situation, because i am a RIDICULAS facebook addict (the first step is admitting it, right?)

all i can say is just keep on emailing. like someone said before, the squeaky wheel gets the grease so SQUEEK SQUEEK SQUEEK! try googling, you might be able to find a more direct email address.

. Facebook does not consider you a customer, they consider you inventory. Facebook has become a data mining company, if a little inventory is lost, its not a big deal to them.

Agreed. For example, any picture you post/ upload immediately belongs to facebook. They can use it, or anyone can upload it to their profile and call it "theirs", and it is not illegal.

Also, your whole life can be screwed up if the wrong people see personal information from the site...

Perhaps the negatives outweigh the "benefits" of getting a new fb.

Do you have any idea how your account was hacked? I've seen several of my friend's account hacked. Any kind of unusual post like, "oh man [Insert name here], I can't believe you are in this picture!", especially from someone I don't know very well, indicate HUGE red flaggs to me.

Back