• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Candoia carinata locked!

Tula_Montage

It's Jager time!
Sooooo excited to try breeding carinata again! One pair locked, the other ignoring each other :( Maybe Obsidian will service my other female if Wolfie isn't up to it... He seems totally uninterested, whereas Obsidian was locked within half an hour to a girl he bred to 2 years ago. Lets hope for some live babies this time around!

candoiabreeding001copy.jpg

Obsidian Fyre and Lunar Dawn. Obi is a biiiiig male for carinata.

Wow Elle!!!! i really wish u could ship to the u.s!!! cuz i would love to get one of this guys with the striping.....every time i see these guys at the shows they have really dark colored guys, never this light....o and good luck with the breeding!!!:cheers:

Thanks! Even if I could ship to the states, I'd NEVER consider doing it with such a delicate species of boa. The young are prone to heart attacks at the slightest stress. This same gal gave birth to 5 still borns last year. I don't know what happened. I think she didn't have the right environment to give birth in, held them longer than she should have (almost 11 months gestation) and only passed them when they had already died inside her. I was utterly devistated. But it's a common occurance in carinata. I'm trying different methods this year obviously lol.

I remember how totally heartbroken you were last year when those babies were stillborn. I'm pulling for this time around to give you full clutches of live, healthy, happy little beauties. Good luck to you all, and may the mamas have healthy pregnancies and easy births when the time comes :).

Thanks! Even if I could ship to the states, I'd NEVER consider doing it with such a delicate species of boa. The young are prone to heart attacks at the slightest stress. This same gal gave birth to 5 still borns last year. I don't know what happened. I think she didn't have the right environment to give birth in, held them longer than she should have (almost 11 months gestation) and only passed them when they had already died inside her. I was utterly devistated. But it's a common occurance in carinata. I'm trying different methods this year obviously lol.
o in that case i would never stress these beauties even if u could ship!!! i remember reading the thread with the still borns, man that was heartbreaking, well i wish u lots of luck with this try!!!

Thanks guys! The happy couple have been locked for days now. They are completely inseparable. Candoia males really do dote on their chosen gal!

Back