• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My Daytona pick ups!!!

CULEBRA85

JUST ANOTHER JOSH!!! LOL
So i picked up 2 snakes, 1 leo and won a milk at the raffle....o and my gf picked up her first crested gecko.....cuz she wasnt patient enough to wait for mine to hatch...lol:nope:

ok pics now..

1st 09 0.1 creamsicle -named Fanta(she is Crush's new gf)
2nd 09 0.1 rough scale sand boa...no name yet
3rd 0.1 female albino tremper het patternless
4th albino sinaloan milk snake....no name for this girl yet but im liking Neon.
5th my gf 0.1 little yellow tiger crested.

Attachments

• P210811_00.51.jpg
    P210811_00.51.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 85
  • P220811_18.15(2).jpg
    P220811_18.15(2).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 85
  • P210811_23.14_[01].jpg
    P210811_23.14_[01].jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 85
  • P210811_00.52.jpg
    P210811_00.52.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 85
  • P210811_00.47.jpg
    P210811_00.47.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 85
Thanx Oren!...Im just glad i didnt go nuts buying stuff, i feel very good about how complete my collection is and now im just gonna focus on breeding and care now. Im just missing some bps that i want and then ill b done(for now) until i can have my own reptile room. :dgrin:

I would suggest keeping tab on what Kathy Love coined as "burnout" level.
At some point, too many snakes can lead you to feel overwhelmed and the snakes turn into a chore rather than a hobby. For some, this can happen at 5 snakes, to some at a 500...
On a personal note I can say that I felt a burnout when I brought 5 cornsnakes at once.
When I did it more gradually with Boas, even though I now own a deal more animals than I did back then, I did not feel a burnout at all.

I would suggest keeping tab on what Kathy Love coined as "burnout" level.
At some point, too many snakes can lead you to feel overwhelmed and the snakes turn into a chore rather than a hobby. For some, this can happen at 5 snakes, to some at a 500...
On a personal note I can say that I felt a burnout when I brought 5 cornsnakes at once.
When I did it more gradually with Boas, even though I now own a deal more animals than I did back then, I did not feel a burnout at all.
yea i know wat u mean, luckily i havent reached that point yet, i try to take advice from the more experience keepers, ive talked to them personally and i take their advice to heart. I only keep and breed animals i truly like and love to keep, never think that all my offspring's are keepers. For now i think i have such a varied collection of everything i like that i can keep the fire of my passion going, it also helps that the gf loves them as much as i do so now i have my partner in crime that wont make me get rid of them when we have kids, move in together or get married. I think i lucked out in that department. Hey Oren:-offtopic but wat kind of milks do u have?

yea i know wat u mean, luckily i havent reached that point yet, i try to take advice from the more experience keepers, ive talked to them personally and i take their advice to heart. I only keep and breed animals i truly like and love to keep, never think that all my offspring's are keepers. For now i think i have such a varied collection of everything i like that i can keep the fire of my passion going, it also helps that the gf loves them as much as i do so now i have my partner in crime that wont make me get rid of them when we have kids, move in together or get married. I think i lucked out in that department. Hey Oren:-offtopic but wat kind of milks do u have?

A pair of Hondurans, hypo tangerine.

Back