• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ball for my birthday

Vlcek81

Next wed. Is my 18th birthday and after having my corn i want a ball python. I am going to a reptile show on october 15 and idk if i can wait till then or to just order one and pay for shipping.

But i plan on getting a 20 gal long for my baby corn for when he grows more and really wanted to know wat size for a ball ( am going to try to get a male since they tend to be smaller). Only thing im worried about is they need humidity. How much more difficult is a ball from a corn??? I know they are completely diff and can be picky eaters.

BPs don't necessary require more space than corns since they do a lot more hiding. They aren't difficult either, just can have different preferences for eating and you have to play around with them sometimes to figure out what works. There's lots of helpful tips if you google it. For example, I have 3 baby BPs, all male. One was a captive hatched that the guy I got him from purchased from a wholesaler. He had some issues getting him to feed, but worked with him and he's my best eater. Put him in a feeding bin with a f/t mouse and he's good to go. Another one is captive born and bred. I got from an out of state breeder and paid an arm and a leg for shipping because I really liked his markings. She only fed live so this guy held out on me for almost a month. Finally convinced him to eat f/t by teasing because he was just extremely hungry. Another captive born and bred I picked up this past weekend took f/t teased the first time I offered.

I know the feeling of wanting it now and being willing to pay shipping, but in my opinion with BPs it's best to get them from the show, handle them before purchasing and get some history on how they've been fed. A baby male BP goes for $10-$15 at my local show. Use that extra $50 you'd pay for shipping on food. :)

Back