• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Baby Sandies

Tom Tuttle

Fightin the C
New Ksb born 9/10/11. This litter has some hypo's. Can't wait for the 1st sheds.

Last edited:
Those are some cute little buggers. I have always liked the looks of the kenyan sand boas. How are they as far as temperment and eating behaviors?

I love both my KSBs (one normal, one anery).. the anery was really feisty at first, but he's mellowed out. The normal has always been a total sweetheart :)

I would. Aspen is better for burrowing and doesn't get caked around their eyes/vents. Also some ksbs will only eat in their cage and aspen is a much lower impaction risk.

corn cob tends to mold easily and if swallowed, will expand.
ksbs are kinda like corns in that there are hundreds of substrates that will be kinda okay with a few risks, but aspen tends to be the safest of all of them.

Beautiful babies, congrats!!!

Aaron--Sarae has hit it right on the head. Sand and corn cob are both bad substrates, I think for anything. I use a corn cob litter for my ferret's litter box, and one thing I've noticed, that sticks in my head whenever I hear of people using it as any kind of bedding, is how it CLUMPS. Corn cob is naturally going to have rough edges, which, in a narrow passage like a snake's gut, locks together to form blockages much easier than a smoother-particle substrate like washed playsand. That by itself is a problem. Then you have the problem that corn cob naturally clumps together, very tightly, very thoroughly, very efficiently, when soaking up moisture (which is why it makes an excellent cat litter). At work, where we use the same stuff for the cats, I've often mistaken pee clumps for very large, litter-coated poops because it's simply such a firm clump. I can only imagine the kind of damage that sort of substrate could do to an animal's gut!

Sorry. Couldn't not put in my $.02. :p Again, congrats on the healthy litter, and thanks for sharing, Tom! Sand boas are such cute little worms. I had one at one point, but he never did really eat "right." It was a battle to get him to eat most the time--"Okay, which trick will we try this week..." I don't know if he was just an oddball, or what, but it kind of put me off the worm snakes. Maybe I'll have to try again, and just make sure it's female this time around. Haha. :)

Cool. I am interested in setting up a KSB tank one day. I think I really like your Hypo's. They are pretty.

Back