• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Another Kingnsnake

WingedSweetheart

Well this is Hel. My Nitida Baja Kingsnake. Apparently they used to be a subspecies and are now just Cali Kingsnakes. But in the looks department, does not look like a Cali King. Personally I think her face is smaller and from what I have read they stay pretty small in general.

It's pretty hard to find anything about these snakes!

IMG_0997sm.jpg

IMG_1004sm.jpg

IMG_0998sm.jpg

Doesn't she looks sweet? Don't let her fool you. She strikes, rattles, hisses and flings musk all over the place when you pick her up!

She is really hard to take pictures of because she is so shiny. She also has little gold flecks in her eyes which rarely show up on camera. You can see it a little in the last picture.

Very cool! I feel like I have read about these here, or somewhere, in the last year or so.

Update on my little kingsnake. She has grown so much but is still pretty tiny. Very hard to take detailed pictures of her because she is so shiny! Flash makes the markings stand out but makes her lighter in color. No flash and she looks all black and can hardly tell she even has eyes lol.

SO SHINY:
IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_110002.jpg

I HAS LIPSTICK:
IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

lipstick.jpg

NO FLASH:
IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

She looks so pretty I love her eyes and the color she has nice pictures of her too. :)

Thanks. I really love her eyes too but they are very hard to photograph. They normally show up as just solid black. Hard to get that gold speckling to show. Maybe when she is bigger. She is 6 months old and still very tiny.

Beautiful snake. Has she calmed down at all?

She has calmed down quite a bit actually. She still musks and tail rattles but she hasn't been striking and hissing. Though when I took the first picture of her last night the flash scared her. It was funny as heck! She puffed up as big as she could and struck at the camera with a big hiss (kind of like a tisk sound). I even felt the air on my hand. For the rest of the pictures she kept her head and neck is a simi S shape. I guess just in case she needed to do that again or something lol. :roflmao:

An Update

My little Nitida is growing a lot now. I've probed "her" and "she" is actually a "he"! I've named him, Fenrir. At about a year and a half I really started seeing the bulge develop at the base of his tail and was pretty sure that he was a male. I probed to make sure.

Here are a few pictures.

Fenrir at 2 years old:

734707_551512284876700_1986914432_n.jpg

861341_582715588423036_451240109_o.jpg

Back