• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

A couple of handling pics of my hypo striped S.D. gopher

SnakeAround

Formerly Blutengel
We are in most probably the last week for at least half a year with snake safe outside temps over here, but the good news is, me and my bfr are at home this week enjoying another week off after spending a week in Greece. You probably see it coming.... snakey photoshoots :)

This is my '07 hypo striped San Diego gopher female, I hope to finally breed her next year to my normal male. She has not been growing as fast as he did but I'm confident next year she'll be fine. Don't you love her cute little face and colors?

arwen_2011_09_28.jpg

arwen_2011_09_28_2.jpg

(I am not holding her head, she put it there and posed :) )

arwen_2011_09_28_3.jpg

Beautiful!!! She poses so perfect!!

Off topic....the Netherlands look beautiful from what I can see. Are those like high rise condos?

Not sure what you mean with 'high rise' condos, but the type of building you see in the background contains 1 floor, side to side homes with a shared 'walkway' along the front doors with a guard-rail. Can't find a single word translation for it, I think in the US they don't exist. I always see apartments with front doors in the stair well in the US. The back has balcony's, in our building connected to each other but divided by metal fences/plates. I'll pm you a street view location to show ;)

This is her mate for next year, a normal male named Smeagol. He measures about 5.9 feet, he is quite impressive :p In his viv he can act a bit territorial, always comes to see what you are doing and if he should not chase you out. Nowadays he usually doesn't do that anymore, but I'm always alert just to be sure. When out he needs some time to calm down but than he is fine with it, though he never hangs out as calmly als the regular corn does.

smegaol_2011-10-1.jpg

the girl I got my babies from had 2 gophers up for sale as well. They got a bit bigger so I chose not to get them.

Yours are very pretty/handsome!

How do you take them outside w/out worries of them escaping? I'd be terrified to take mine out. I bet they would love basking in sun, I have a screened in patio but I don't even know if I'd trust them not to escape, I'd have to check it very thoroughly.

I know their behaviours, they both won't jump out of their photo tubs just like that. And I can see them what they are doing when I am taking photo's. Most snakes stay quite calm out in the sun actually.

Back