• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Some of my recent artwork!

Michael823

Hey guys,

Here's' some of my artwork that I've been working on the past month or so. I finally have a CPU again, as well as a hand-me-down scanner from a family friend. So I figured it would be a good idea to copy some of what I've been doing just to have the images saved, and thought I'd share now I've got them on here.

This first one is a Bass that I was able to get finished while working some hours at a tackle shop, owned by a family friend. It gets slow up there at times, so I figured I'd knock out some artwork to pass the long day, and kill two birds with one stone. I gave the original to the boss (seeing I painted it while I was there), but borrowed it back to scan. He really loved it, and was excited to have me put some of my other stuff up there to try and sell (which is a double score).

hpqscan0001.jpg

This one is a White Tail Deer that I also did while working at the tackle shop (again, they can be long slow days). I just barely gave this one out to my (former) Step-father for his Birthday. He's really into hunting and wilderness activities, so I was happy to give it to him.

hpqscan0002.jpg

This one's a self portrait. I had too little space on the sheet that I was working on to do the complete portrait, so I added another sheet, in a unique way, to try and complete it.

selfportrait.jpg

These are a couple of surreal paintings that I was testing different techniques with. I did a few more like these, but they just weren't the same to me. I was pretty happy with these, and they didn't take all too long to finish.

shadows.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Wow! Those are super awesome. I wish I was able to paint like that. Real nice work.

Great work there Michael. If there is one thing I am not its artistic. I hope you keep updating this thread with more of your work.

These five are some of my watercolor paintings, which have mostly been for experimenting with techniques and forms. My whole mindset this past year has been to just-keep-creating-art. I've got more of my art stacked in my closet than I can remember even creating, it seems.

I try to be a little random with my subjects/concepts, too. It helps me out in trying to find my style, because it forces me to use different styles for each one. I've gotten a lot of different responses, too, which is great, because it's always nice to hear what people have to say about my different ideas. Either it's a good response, or a critical response. And even when it's a response I might not like at first, it usually helps me out more in the long run.

But you all have been most kind, so thank you!

Back