• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Internet Censorship

pridecity

Patients took over asylum
I guess I'm late to the game, but I just found out about the US trying to censor the internet. This, which I obviously find stupid, has all ready affected the majority of my day-to-day internet browsing. Have you noticed that Wikipedia and Google have changed? You can't access Wiki for the next 24 hours and Google has a nice censor strip across its logo.

Why is the government coming up with bills like this instead of taking care of important things? I just really don't understand it and feel at a loss for my country. Personally, I find it becoming more and more difficult to say proudly "I am an American". Instead, I find myself saying "I am an American, where I can sue you for millions because of my own mistake, sit in front of the tv for hours watching other people's lives, watch my government officials vacation in their summer homes while I pray my electricity will stay on just one day longer, and where if I kill my two year old I can get off free but can't own a harmless hedgehog (or other banned animal) because it *could* bite someone."

I heard about this a few months ago. I didn't know they actually pass the bill or anything. I hadn't heard any news about it whatsoever.

Your suprised? They wont stop till they have taken every right we have away.
Little here, a little there and over time they will get there way unless people pull their heads out of the sand.

You're suprised? They wont stop till they have taken every right we have away.
Little here, a little there and over time they will get there way unless people pull their heads out of the sand.

Pretty much this.

I swear, one of these days I'm moving to Canada or Japan or the UK or something.

Oh, and Wikipedia, Google, and a number of sites are blocking their own websites in protest-- the government is doing nothing about this. It's some strike to prove a point, but SOPA has been shelved right now, so... yeah.

You can find the list here.

We have allowed them to infringe on most of our rights. Not sure why anyone would be surprised at a politician or judge wanting to curb our freedoms. When one part of society is not just willing but eager to give away a right they don't care about, the political grifters will quickly grab that control. If it is a right less widely exercised it is made even easier for them. We will all wake up a couple decades from now wondering why we let the rights our forefathers died giving us to just dwindle away at the whim of our .gov!

I think it may have been Kathy Love one time on here that said we should stand up for ALL our rights not just those we hold personally close. (paraphrased from a bad memory, correct me if I am wrong Kathy)

So far me no likey hopey changey...... :(
:cheers: I am with you Bethany ... I now await his next catchy phrasey fallacy. One spawned to entrap those comfortable with a post-constitutional America and to further his self-anointment as savior once again.

I know that I will probably get a lot of backlash from this but as a history major I have to point out:

There has only been two people in history who have had their own symbol, Hilter and Obama!

I know that I will probably get a lot of backlash from this but as a history major I have to point out:

There has only been two people in history who have had their own symbol, Hilter and Obama!

Has nothing to do with the censorship on the internet lol. You either stand by and let it happen or you speak up and hope others do the same.

^ Exactly. Has nothing to do with this.

Also, Hitler didn't really have his "own" sign-- he just used an already existing one.

You won't be getting any backlash from me. This does not mean that I think our current President is capable of doing the things that Hitler did, but I do see this whole "cult of personality" thing happening with him.
Remember how Oprah introduced him? At the time I thought it was rather servile and sickening, and I still do.

I'm just sad that I didn't find out about this until it was to late to go to the Colorado meeting. I'm thinking about maybe going to the mayor's office this week and see if I can't get in to see him. Or, maybe spending money I don't really have on flyers and asking businesses if I can post them.

I was actually posting on the hope and change comments, but our rights are being taken away from us a little bit at a time. Kind of like Germany in the 1930-40s.

You are right we have to stand up and take back what is ours. Remember what this country was founded upon.

I know I don't agree with censorship of the internet it goes against my deep belief in the 1st amendment and our Constitution. We, as Americans, can not and should not sit idlely by and watch them take away what so many others have fought and died for. History repeats itself because most don't see similarities in it to what is happening today. There is a path that was taken many times by different people and we are headed down that path today. The government was set up to be for the people by the people. Time to educate those that seem to have blinders on. There has to be a way to show people the path of destruction we are headed down.

This what they are doing to our 1st amendment:

“Congress shall make no law respecting ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ , or prohibiting the free ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ; or abridging the ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓, or of ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ; or the right of ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓, and to ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ Government for a ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ .”

Back