Home | Array | Home | Home | Home
PDA

View Full Version : Photo Shop???

Photo Shop???

Alex Dew
06-19-2004, 06:47 PM
Hey all

A long time ago on this site I posted a thread asking if there was a sit which I could reduce the size of pictures and then i could post them on this site. Anyway, lately I ahve reformatted my computer and I dont have that program anymore. I was wandering if you could mabey tell me what it was???
i think it might of been called Photo Shop pro 7 or 8???

I downloaded it from Kazaa last time.

Cheers

Alex

starwarsdad
06-20-2004, 08:41 AM
Photoshop is currently in version 8 (CS).

I would be careful about telling the world you are illegaly downloading copyrighted software on a public forum.

If you are running WindowsXP, you can use Image Resizer (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx) . It is a very simple, free program to resize images.

Best of luck!

Alex Dew
06-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Ok, thanks.

The one of I have downloaded before is a trial one. it lasts for 31 days, So I dont think it is illegal.

Alex

Tracee
06-21-2004, 06:28 PM
If all you want the proggy for is resizing I wouldn't get something as monstrous as Photoshop! Your computer probably has something already installed on it - XP comes with MS Photo Editor which is nice and easy to use..if that's no good I can give you some other suggestions that won't expire in a month :)

starwarsdad
06-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Actually, XP ships with the Picture Viewer which does not allow for editing or resizing.

Office ships with Photo Editor (great easy program to use BTW).

Rich Z
06-21-2004, 10:44 PM
I would suggest Paint Shop Pro. It's a very capable program, that for some things I find more useful than Photoshop. Yet it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg.

Alex Dew
06-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Yeah, Thanks guys. I have gone ahead and im downloading paint shop pro as we speak.

Alex

Neumann
06-23-2004, 12:58 PM
Alex,

I have an excellent program, which is open source, called the GIMP (Graphic Image Manipulation Project). I run it under BSD Unix but you can download a free Windows version from here. (http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/)

Like most high end graphcs programs, the GIMP can be confusing and frustrating but it's still the best of the free, PhotoShop-like, packages I've found. Check it out.

Alex Dew
06-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Cheers neumann. i will give that a go too