Array | Home | Home | Home | Home
PDA

View Full Version : Balls and corns?

Balls and corns?

exitree
07-17-2004, 06:43 PM
I was just wondering if it's safe to keep a baby Ball python with a yearling Corn snake. The reason I ask is because I have a corn and just got a baby ball for my birthday. We put the ball in the book shelf in the living room but i wanted to know if I could put both of them in a 30gal long. The petstore i got the ball from had him in the same tank as a 3 year old corn, and a baby redtail boa.

thanx,
exitree

Simon
07-17-2004, 08:04 PM
No

It is always not a good idea to house two snakes together
housing two different species together is even worse

The possiblity of dieases transfer is great, the amount of stress increases, and lots of other reasons... so no~

CornCrazy
07-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Absolutely NOT!!!

Think of it this way, do those species live together in the wild? NO! Please do not put them together. There are LOTS of reasons to not put them together and no good reasons to do it.

POSSIBLE CONS:
1. Disease transmission
2. Stress and stress related illnesses
3. Feeding problems

There are more things I am sure that can be added, but these are the main ones I can think of right now.

MegF.
07-17-2004, 09:01 PM
I thought balls needed higher humidity too. I'm not as familiar with them.

exitree
07-17-2004, 09:53 PM
No balls get blisters from humidity. They come from the dry parts of Africa so humidity isn't a very good idea.

MegF.
07-17-2004, 09:58 PM
Hmm. Well, I still wouldn't put the two together....

exitree
07-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Ok i'l probably just put the tank that my corn is in on another shelf.

Darin
07-17-2004, 10:16 PM
Well, depends how what you term high humidity. Most folks in the know with balls that I have read or spoken with suggest anything from 50% to 75%. The 75% would be a shedding high end. I personally keep mine at 50%-60% most of the time.