Home | Array | Array | Home | Home
PDA

View Full Version : Kinda curious to see how many people here live in Pennslyvania???

Kinda curious to see how many people here live in Pennslyvania???

drizzt_19
08-23-2004, 06:18 PM
I've noticed that there seems to be more people on this forum living in PA, since I last asked this question(about a yr and half ago)...

I live in waynesboro,pa about 20 miles from the maryland border...Anyone else care to share???

Traci1
08-23-2004, 06:49 PM
I live near Reading

Sparda
08-23-2004, 06:54 PM
I live in PA, about 45 minutes from Pittsburgh. :)

Bekah
08-25-2004, 01:36 AM
PA person here too! I'm in Lower Bucks County (Levittown)...close to both Philadelphia and Trenton, NJ. So far I've only found one other PA person close by to where I live.

brownie55
08-25-2004, 07:16 AM
I am down in Maryland, with several others on the forum, though I don't hear much from them anymore. You Pennsylvanians going to the M.A.R.S. show in September?

Traci1
08-25-2004, 08:45 AM
You Pennsyvanians going to the M.A.R.S. show in September?

I sure am, I will be picking up a Nosy Be chameleon there as well as checking out the show.

brownie55
08-25-2004, 01:07 PM
That's great. I had to look up a Nosy Be, wow, I never knew how many species of chameleons there were. Handsome animals.

It would be great if all the forum members could meet and show off new additions and put faces to names. Anybody game? Maybe we won't have a hurricane, knock wood.

Sabbas
08-26-2004, 10:53 AM
I'm down in Annandale, VA - but I drive up to Princeton, NJ to visit my gf up at grad school on the weekends. I know/work with some of the speakers for the M.A.R.S. show as well so I'll probably be there.

leia
08-26-2004, 02:45 PM
I live like 10 minutes from Bekah, also Bucks County PA.
The borogh of my town (Newtown) was used for the downtown shots of the movie Signs (though I haven't seen it)

Bekah
08-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Hey leia! Whatcha' been up too? Gotta fill me in on how things are going at college when you get a chance!

LOL...you HAVE to see Signs...most of it was filmed REALLY close to us. Apparently, the cornfield scenes where filmed at Shadybrook farm...that's right next to where my grandmother used to live and where my mom grew up! It's really weird, cause the movie doesn't depict our area that correctly...they make it look like we're living in the middle of Hickville, USA! Hmmm...maybe we are and I just never noticed it (lol!).

Talk to all you PA (and close to PA) people later!

leia
08-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Oh yeah, I guess I could say that I also live in State College PA (you know, middle of nowhere where PSU is located)....since I spend like 10 months out of the year here.

I thought the rural shots were done at Del Val College, which is like right near the Montgomeryville Mall (towards Doylestown and stuff), at least thats what I heard. No I haven't actually seen the movie, there was way too much hype in Newtown, so I refuse to see it :)

The summer semester was horrible. I went home for a total of 3 days this week, but I wasn't in the mood to be home (I guess thats what happens when you don't have a boyfriend to go home to anymore). My kittens were adorable though, they are getting huge! Classes start here again on Tuesday, right now it is boring cuz none of my friends are in town, but people are moving back in, so I don't wanna drive anywhere.

Bekah
08-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Sorry to hear about your summer semester...I had a pretty cruddy summer myself...where the heck did the time go? I get to go back to school on September 8th! It's been 6 years since I ended college and now I get to start all over again...as a teacher's assistant! I'm really excited! I just up and quit my crappy job (was in the Real Estate Appraisal Business). It was too much stress, too many hours...was causing problems at home, mainly for my daughter, and she comes first so I had to make a choice between the job and her...not hard to see which one won!

As for the boyfriend thing...enjoy being young and single while you can!

BTW...what year did you start Del Val...my friend went there.

leia
08-26-2004, 11:00 PM
I'm enjoying the single thing, got a new piercing (tongue, now I have 2 in my tongue....haven't gotten to try it yet).

No, I don't go to Del Val, that's where I heard the field shots of signs was done.
I go to PSU, I started 3 years ago.....2001

brownie55
09-20-2004, 02:05 PM
I sure am, I will be picking up a Nosy Be chameleon there as well as checking out the show.

Having seen my first of the exotic chameleons at the show Saturday all I can say is, wow. I want me a bunch of them, they are just stunning. Hope you got yours, and I would love to see some pics.

Traci1
09-21-2004, 04:03 AM
Having seen my first of the exotic chameleons at the show Saturday all I can say is, wow. I want me a bunch of them, they are just stunning. Hope you got yours, and I would love to see some pics.

Hi there, you can see pics of him here photo gallery (http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index.php?user=361&cat=500)

I also picked up two Miami Phase from Rich Z., a Mexican Black King from Randy Wright, and a Bairds Rat Snake from Mark and Kim Bell. I did real good! haha

brownie55
09-21-2004, 06:29 AM
Nice pics and beautiful animals. I can see you enjoyed your shopping and didn't let a little hurricane stop you.

Jeff Linkchorst
09-22-2004, 09:33 PM
I live in Pa im about 10 minutes from Bekah & Leia close to the pennsya turnpike. I got a pair of okeetee's from Rich Z at the mars show.

howiet4702
10-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Another fellow Bucks County resident....I also live in Newtown, PA.....right outside the borough....

rippit
10-27-2004, 02:58 PM
I live in Monroeville, about 5 minutes from where they hold the shows. Just went to my first one in October and bought a baby Okeetee from Larry, who I believe is from Reading.

eddie1976
10-27-2004, 03:04 PM
Awful close. I can see the sparkling lights of Philly from my house in Mantua, NJ, the worst place to own a cornsnake in the universe. But being central to philly and maryland is nice when it comes to shows.

howiet4702
10-27-2004, 03:15 PM
Awful close. I can see the sparkling lights of Philly from my house in Mantua, NJ, the worst place to own a cornsnake in the universe.

Why's that Eddie?

eddie1976
10-27-2004, 03:25 PM
NJ has some strict laws about owning snakes. ONle red eye morphs. I had to jump through hoops to keep my butters and finally convinced them to let me keep my ghosts. Anf I got around the ban on "normals" by calling them ROsy rat snakes. I also had to get rid of my Northern PInes due to the 5000 dollar fine if you are caught with one in the state. I moved from NY and had no ideas they were so strict with the laws.

jzal8
10-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Yea i live go to school at monmouth university, prob like 40 min from penn. I was wondering how i would eventually get to own a butter myself and get passed those laws.

cornsnake00
10-27-2004, 07:58 PM
I thought only normal corn snakes were banned in NJ?
Color morphs were allowed?(Butter,amel and snow(blizzard) have red eyes)
Just curious.

jzal8
10-27-2004, 10:08 PM
as far as i know, we just arent allow to have cornsnakes with anything other than ruby eyes

eddie1976
10-28-2004, 07:15 AM
THe deal with NJ is that you can only own red eyes morphs. Which leaves out most of the prettiest morphs. I got by with butters by showing the yellow eyes. THe state believes that any dark eye morph would be "mistaken" for a normal cornsnake. They just do not want to have people filching the few corns that are in the area around here. I just think it is asinine that you cannot have all morphs but normal. But what they do not nknow willnot hurt them, right? :bounce:

chaoslycan
06-14-2006, 04:24 PM
i live in the lehigh valley........anyone wants some free adult albino rats for feeders?