• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hurricane Francis

surfrkidTS

ITS COMING! AHHH. Rich, i was wondering what you do when hurricanes come your way. Take everything in the basement and hide? I've been following the storm via ABC News and the Weather Channel, and the media is making it look pretty big. I hope everyone in florida will b ok :awcrap:

So far so good here, I am in the path right by the eye on the east coast. I wish it would just pass on already.

09/04/04 - 6:25pm

frances_090404_625pm.gif

Keeper your powder dry Rich....

At least this one gave you Floridians more than enough time to seek a safer place to hunker down.

Ouch, I hope that's the worst of it for him! Hope everyone else is safe too! I keep thinking of Stephen Roylance. House and reptile building torn up in Charley, trying to pick up the pieces and now another HUGE storm!

I'm not a religious man but my thoughts and worries are definately with everyone down there in the path.

Quigs

The storm is making landfall right now in my neck of the woods:

frances_090604_0317pm.gif

The TLH marker just to the left of the center of the storm is Tallahassee airport. We are a bit south east of that. But at least it weakened considerably before getting to us. So it's not going to be nearly as bad as it could have been. Hmm, looks like I need a "dodging the bullet" smiley here.....

Well me and my family made it ok and so did my animals, our house took some damage though. I have no power, and we just got phone servise yesterday. I am on a temp. computer at my grandparetns for now until we go back towmorrow hoping for power to come back, we rode out the storm with no problem, alot of trees, power lines, roofs down and alot of flooding. We barely have any supplies in my area so we came to the west coast to get supplies.

My family, animals and I survived. A few trees down, no power from 2PM Sun to 3PM Mon, then out again 9PM Mon to 4AM Tues. Phones down from 1PM Sun to 9Pm Tues. Some areas were still out of power Tues evening. My boards are staying on the windows until after Ivan (or maybe longer, if yet ANOTHER one surfaces). Oh what fun to be locked in a dark cave with 2 small children. Thank God for GameBoy and batteries!

We finally got power back today about an hour and a half ago, we have ben wothout power and phone from 10am friday morning until today and no generator until yesterday.

Frances

We took a big hit here. The eye came directly over my town. I had some moderate roof damage, lost all of my pool screens, lost two of my favorite trees (mango and loquat), had some water intrusion etc. We fled to Georgia and returned after four days. We will be fine though. I can't say the same for some of my friends who lost their homes to water damage. A good friend had an oak tree fall on his house and cause total devastation. The roof was the key. We will be thinking of Rich and all those near the panhandle as Ivan approaches. It has been unreal to see the effect of a hurricane on the power system and our way of life. Many of my neighbors (at least 1/2) still don't have power.

Back