• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Another what do you get

Carlos

What I will get if I breed a bloodred amelanistic with a lavender het amelanistic? Carlos

Thank you Serpwidgets. I have another project for next season.
I have a caramel het for amel. motley and an amber het for snow motley. What about that one?

Caramel Het amel. motleyX amber het snow motley.

Standard dihybrid cross with a twist of lime...

• Both parents are caramel, all offspring will be caramel.
  • One is hypo, the other is not, all will be het hypo.
  • One parent is het for Anery, all will be 50% het Anery.
  • Both parents are het Amel, this will yield a standard 1:2:1 split.
  • Both parents are het Motley, this will yield a standard 1:2:1 split.
  • Anything not expressing motley or amel will be 66% poss het for that trait.
Combining those last two traits together yeilds a standard 9:3:3:1 split:

9/16ths will be caramel het hypo. (66% het Motley, 66% het Amel)
3/16ths will be caramel motley het hypo. (66% het Amel)
3/16ths will Butter het hypo. (66% het motley)
1/16th will be butter motley het hypo.

All will be 50% possible het Anery.

Last edited:
WOW!

It never ceases to amaze me, Serpwidgets, how much you know about genetics. Impressive.

By the way, how would you pick up a standard 7-10 split? (Just kidding.) :D

Heh heh, thanks. But actually it's all rather simple. I think anyone that can count to 100 can also learn to do this stuff. The real key is taking the little bit of time to understand the foundation, and from there the rest of it just falls into place.

There are also a small set of rules (based on the foundation) that make things simpler. That's why I was quoting those rules to show the breakdown. :)

I plan on revamping my genetics tutorial this summer, and possibly even doing a video (on VHS and Video CD, including narration like a show you'd see on PBS or Discovery) that will be even easier to follow than the current one I have on my site. Now if I can actually find any time in my insane schedule to work on any of it. (I still haven't gotten much time to work on my logo for the contest :()

Back