• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My favorite little stripers...

Hurley

Registered
Here is a picture of one of my favorite 'scented bedding' makers. ;) You can't get much cuter than zebra mice.

Zebra_Mouse.jpg

OK, OK, I admit it, they are more pets than anything...but they do have the added bonus of being potential scent lenders. :D Plus, a few pinkies out of them here and there will be helpful.

That is the cutest mouse ever, and I am not particularly fond of them usually. Mostly b/c they are frozen, but I think a live one that pretty would probaly become a pet. So cute!!

There is a great lady who sells different varieties of mice, plus hedgehogs, sugar gliders, and others at the Indianapolis Reptile Swap every month. We get Pygmy mice from her, too. They are the best...and make really tiny pinkies that stubborn feeders love. ;)

If you get the chance to make it there (I also think she's at the Ohio Monthly Swap), stop by and say Hi to her. She loves her animals, takes the best care of them, and is very knowledgable.

I've seen zebra mice once or twice in pet shops, but that's it. You just don't see them around. Too bad. Other than jumping ridiculous heights (we call them popcorn mice), they are the best. Not really handleable, but cute.

Yep,

Her name is Gail. She's awesome.

I wanted to get some Dormice, too bad they can't be sold right now. :(

Thanks! I'll have to see about trying to make it up there soon. I think Indianapolis is about 6 hours from me, though. Columbus is about 6.5 hours from me. Too bad I didn't know about it sooner. I could have made plans to go to IN this Sunday...

Maybe I'll go next month. The show is on my birthday :)

I thought these zebras were pretty cool until I read this on her site...

"When you are trying to catch the zebra mice, be careful not to grab their tails because the skin of the tail will slip off, and you will be holding only the skin in your hand."

That just kind of creeps me out...lol

Quigs

be careful not to grab their tails because the skin of the tail will slip off

These guys are like miniature revved-up kangaroos. If you stop the skin on their tails and they kick, yeah, they'll pull it right off, I'm sure. (Though, to be honest, I have picked them up by their tails and haven't had a problem.)

They are best handled by herding them into paper towel or toilet paper tubes to more them. They're more secure with it and you have little chance of injuring them that way.

Back