• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

TEMPS - enclosure gradient vs. room temp

Do 100% of your corns have thermal gradient, or do you use "room temp"?

• 100% of my corn snakes are treated to thermal gradients in their homes.

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • I do use the "room temp" method of heating my corns.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I keep my corns outdoors and they find their own temp, weather permitting.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only use "room temp" for brumination (i.e. unplug the U.T.H. in winter)

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

HomeBreeder

Herphilious Lunacious
I'm curious about how people manage the temps (for their corn snakes only, not other herps) and since this board has such a good spread from people only interested in breeding, to major breeders at the other extreme it seems like a good placee to get a feel for what people do, and why.

SO - do you provide all of your cornsnakes with thermal gradients in their homes? Or do you use the "room temp" technique? I guess if you keep your corns outdoors, this is not a poll for you :)

Thanks!

Room temperature in the UK is dodgy for Corns, for all but about two weeks a year (if we're lucky) ! My other half keeps some of his Asian ratsnakes nearer our own temps.

Cheers
Kel

HB,
I have a room devoted to my Corns and the room is temp controlled. This has worked out well for me. The temp climbs slightly higher during the day, but is never above 88 degrees. I took the precaution of moving my hova-baters inside this year. I lost 5 eggs early in incubation and I believe it was due to high temps. I also invested in a Hi/Low digital thermometer. It has a resetable hi and low extreme-this helps me monitor temps while I'm not home. Accurite is the brand--about 15.00us.

Matt L.

Terri,
I picked it up at Walmart-there were some less expensive models-This one has a probe for outdoor use-I put the probe inside my Hova-bater and with the flick of a switch, I can read room temp, incubater temp, and humidity.

Matt L.

Thanks Matt! I'll have to pick up up tomorrow! I don't like the old fashioned thermometer that came with my hova-bator.

Back