• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Incubators

snakemanone

Hiya all.

I went to my local aquairium centre and persuaded the guy there to give me one of their transport boxes, these are made from polystyrene and come with a tight fitting lid, i placed a thick wire grid about half way up on the inside, enough water to cover an old fishtank heater and powerhead pump(to circulate water)set thermostat on heater to 30 degrees cut a hole in top and silicon a veiwing window in lid,result is a constant 88-94 temp and near 100 per cent humidity,shall post pics as soon as i get the film developed.(dont own a digital camara).

...........................STEVE.

Hope this is of help to someone.

thanks for the tip on the incubator... does anyone know any other way to make incubators??? im very curious...

hey abell, I used to raise pheasants and have 3 of those incubators. Worked great for the pheasant eggs. If you don't mind my asking, what did you put inside the incubator? as in a medium for the eggs? and what temp did you set it to? I really am hoping to get some eggs next summer from my albino x zig zag het for albino. Just want to get an idea what I am in store for. thanks for your help....

I first raided my kitchen cupboard and stole a rubbermaid container suitable to hold all of my eggs(try to do this when the wife is not home,it does not make them happy)I then drilled 9 air holes in the lid,filled it with vermiculite put in the eggs,put in a little more vermiculite added some water and set it in the incubator.I had the incubator set at 80 degrees the actual temp in the rubbermaid container was like 82 degrees,though.I checked the water every three or four days it is kind of dry here. Fifty two days later I had five out of six eggs hatch!The incubator is said to have hot spots in them and lets drafts in through the air hole in the top I did not notice any problems here, however I was careful to always put it back in the same spot.

Back