• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

sorry Rich - delete if you feel this is out of line

HomeBreeder

Herphilious Lunacious
Sorry Rich, this might be a completely out of line use of your bandwith, and if you think so please delete it, but here goes...

If I was in the middle of doing some business with you via email (you know who you are) please contact me later today. Allow me to explain...

The Complete Raging Morons At www.GoDaddy.com where I setup my domains and hosting "lost" my mailspool. Obviously I have a backup of my website, but I didn't realize a mainstream ISP would be this lame (you get what you pay for, I guess.)

They should have it "fixed" shortly, in so far as new mail will stop bouning anyway. Meanwhile I'm working out a different strategy for my email (which will be transparent to everyone) that ensures I don't get hozed like this again.

I REALLY am sorry, if I've lost email between us (and this includes you Rich - I think we were up to the 2002's order now, but I don't have an exact record of what I wanted from you... Same with you Kathy, John O., etc. if you folks happen to be reading this.) I know you are innundated right now if you are a big breeder so don't feel obliged to contact me immediately if it's not convinient. BUT as I said I'm going to get something going that should prevent such a problem in the future which probably includes getting OFF GoDaddy.com

sigh

^Currtis Brown

Last edited:
sigh... not again!

ach du leiber!

Look, I'm 99.97% certain that when I setup my domains and such at the shoddy Godaddy.com ISP that I double-checked every email address was working as I would expect.

Low and behold, nearly a month after setting everything up, it has come to my attention that ANY email going to my herphiles.com domain (the domain I intend to be the annex for my herp-community project) has been going into the void since who-knows-when.

Please, if you sent me email via that domain do not think me an arse for ignoring you, it's just my ISP trying to impune my character is all.... I still have yet to hear their explanation for this new problem with their service, so I'm about to go through my site and change any herphile addresses to herputopia which is at least working for now (no guarantees with GoDaddy.com though)

Again, I apologize to Rich, but it seems like most the people I've been dealing with cruise this forum, and of course I apologize to anyone attempting to communicate with me via the internet right now if I've lost track of our discussion or simply never recieved your email.

^Curtis

My suggestion to you is to get away from GoDaddy.com as quickly as you can. I was registering some of my domains with them, including all of my active ones (serpenco.com, faunaclassifieds.com. cornsnakes.com, etc). When I discovered that I needed to move my SerpenCo.com site to another domain name host because they do not provide SSL service, they dragged their feet every way imaginable to delay my moving that domain name. Several times I checked the status of the domain name and found they had done something to have it UNLISTED completely even by networksolutions registry servers. I nearly had a heart attack!

I believe I have pulled all of my domains away from them by now, but I will have to check to make sure. Yes, they are cheap, but I think their service suffers because of it. I am now using DIRECTNIC.COM and have not had any glitches at all using them.

Good luck!

Back