• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

amel belly checks

bmm

On Amelanistic corns what color are the belly checkers typically? Of course they aren't black, but my amel has "clear" belly checkers....they are not white, and you can make them out if you look close but they are clear where my anery's are black...

I figured they would become light orange or red???

bmm

BTW i got a pic

I just got this nice and clear pic of my amel jakes belly.

Attachments

• amelbelly.jpg
    amelbelly.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Do they ever stay that clear color, or do they all eventually change to more opaque? Just wondering since my yearling's checks are still clear. She has always had a bit of orange on her ventral, too.

Here is a picture of my adult breeders belly(3 years).
The checkers are opaque, but as they age more color may wash over the belly, especially towards the rear.

Attachments

• amelbelly.jpg
    amelbelly.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 48
Back