• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Blizzard and Charcoal

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
blizzard56.jpg

This is great, With every thread I look at I'm seeing more and more of my order filled. Wont be long now!

Have to love them.....

I really like the blizzards! Although I have heard from a couple people (one being a breeder) that they tend to be a little more tempermental then other corns. Has anyone else had this problem? Just curious, Lindsay

I have a yearling blizzard female I got this summer. She is probably the most introverted corn I have. She's anything but an agressive feeder, but it's because she's a little scardy-cat; I hope she grows out of it :p She has a ring around her saddles that looks lemon-peel yellow next to her other scales, but it's really a sort of khaki color (if you look at the pic in another thread, or go to imagestation.com (user: herputopia) you can see that the text color is a direct sample of her saddle borders, but they still look lemon yellow!) A strange trick of light in conjunction with the brain trying to compensate for poor "dusk" color recognition.

I doubt you could say that about the majority of blizzards though. For one - look at their lineage? Every blizzard is related to the first amel and the first anery-b. There's no lore about "bad tempered amels". Neither is there any lore (that I know of) that charcoals have any temperment problems either. You'd think there *might* be, if in fact blizzards were a problem morph. Frankly I take all that talk of troubles morphs with a grain of salt. I think the variability between any one random corn snake and any other is far more attributable to personality and environment than to genetics. Look at the variability in personality in a single clutch, and you can see the entire spectrum of corn snake attitude, frrom relaxed and always hungry, to flightly and impossible to train to eat. All this regardless of where the bloodlines came from.

just my 2 cents :)

^Curtis

I like those "patternless" Blizzards, too bad they don't come in light gray. ;)

Maybe I'll get some blizzards next year when I breed my Charcoal Ghost to my blood het amel/charcoal/anery. :)

Back