• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Food Hoppers?

mrweaw

Branching out into geckos
Hello all,

Just a quick question. I want to make a "food box" to hang from the side of my 10 gallon tank that I have my breeder mice in because they move the food and foul it up if I put it in a dish. So, my question is, what type and size of wire is best to keep most food in, and yet allow the little varmints to eat properly? I am using mazzuri rodent feed which are the block type pellets so they can't pick out the "good stuff".

I was thinking along the lines of 1/2 inch or 1/4 inch square...any opinions?

Thanks for your help!
Erin

Could you buy one of those wild bird feeders that are made of mesh?? I guess it's not really the time of year for them to be in the shops, but if you find a mesh one it could do the job nicely.

I use 1/4 inch for the screens on my mouse racks. Lab blocks are then placed on top and eaten from there. Does that help any?

Good luck!

Back