• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

A note about "COME LOOK AT MY SITE" threads....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
In short, please don't post them on this site. They contribute nothing to this site I have set up here, and it sort of insults me when people come and post here solely to try to draw off people to their own website. If you have a new website you want to advertise, then I DO offer paid banners here and on my other sites you are welcome to take advantage of.

Such threads will be unceremoniously deleted whenever they are found, so please don't waste my or your time posting them.

Yeah, I know. You are thinking, well HOW am I going to get people to know about my website? Yep, that's a problem. One I face with every new website I put up. Generally speaking, you have to PAY for exposure and traffic these days. That's the only thing I have found that seems to work, but even then, it does take a long time before traffic becomes appreciable.

Sorry.

Rich Z said:
In short, please don't post them on this site. They contribute nothing to this site I have set up here, and it sort of insults me when people come and post here solely to try to draw off people to their own website.
seriously thats what you think...c'mon man we arent here to give you money or anything, and if someone wants to post a site that has some uk snakes on it, or their own collection i hardly think it would have anything to do with taking away from what this site was intended for nor do i think it will make you any richer/poorer if someone has their own website. who the heck do you think you are to stop people from here visiting it, its not about making you money(well maybe it is to you,but it certanly isnt about that to someone who just bought a new corn that has questions) its about sharing expreiences and oppurtunities with other cornsnake owners, i am not only offended but i will never visit this site again, its free speech man no one would ever visit peoples personal sites if they didnt post them here, this is a meeting place for corn adicts alike. good bye soo long you selfish prick

this is definatley my last post, if you can show me someone who came here to soley post their site, and has never ever posted before with a question or ever posted after they advertised their website i would like to see that. this is complete and utter bs. im sorry, im sure you wont mind you right wingest jerk, but this is my last post, hey guys look at my site about corns i own, im trying to make the cornsnake.com guy mad. grow up, hopefully i will never meet you.

Rich Z said:
Please don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. :wavey: :wavey:

Damn Rich, you're popular today!!! Such venom!!!

Is this applying to websites as a part of signatures, or just threads? I know the post says threads, but do you care about the sigs?

Nope I don't care about the signature areas as long as they aren't populated with graphics.

As for "venom", I think I was rather kind to this person, considering the remarks he made to me. He said he is leaving. I am saying "goodbye".

Rich Z said:
Nope I don't care about the signature areas as long as they aren't populated with graphics.

As for "venom", I think I was rather kind to this person, considering the remarks he made to me. He said he is leaving. I am saying "goodbye".

I didn't mean venom on your part, I mean on Mosdef's behalf.

I actually got quite the laugh out of your comment. Most would have responded back with a nasty reply---I was LMFAO at the 'Please don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out' comment.

LOL LOL LOL. I just saw his 'right wingest jerk' comment. Bwwwhahahahaha. That's funny!!!! Politics in a cornsnake discussion!

mosdef said:
...c'mon man we arent here to give you money or anything, who the heck do you think you are i am not only offended but i will never visit this site again, its free speech man no one would ever visit peoples personal sites if they didnt post them here, this is a meeting place for corn adicts alike. good bye soo long you selfish prick

OMG, are you SERIOUS??? You are here because Rich pays for the site, and if you respected that you would contribute! Who does he think he is??? The owner of this site, and one of the largest cornsnake breeding operations in the US. Never visit this site again?? Sounds like you're doing us a favor! Have some respect!!!!!

Come on, Rich, get with the times. We all know that this site doesn't cost a dime to run. It's free speech, man. The US Constitution guarantees everyone in the world, including the UK, the right to do whatever they wish with your private property, and without consequence to themselves. And you have to like it, too.

[/sarcasm] :sidestep:

Ahhh, I'm reminded of a catchy little number from The Sound of Music:

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu

So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen
I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne, YES?
NO!

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye -- Goodbye!
I'm glad to go, I cannot tell a lie
I flit, I float, I fleetly flee, I fly
The sun has gone to bed and so must I

Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye

Goodbye

JTGoff69 said:
OMG, are you SERIOUS??? You are here because Rich pays for the site, and if you respected that you would contribute! Who does he think he is??? The owner of this site, and one of the largest cornsnake breeding operations in the US. Never visit this site again?? Sounds like you're doing us a favor! Have some respect!!!!!
I thought he was OK, until right now. Three consecutive posts to slam our host. To Hell with him. Rich, your house your rules. I won't miss him, just hope his snakes don't suffer from "stupid owner syndrome" because he won't come back to ask a question. But then, how likely is somebody like that to listen to advice anyway.

Bye bye, Mos, and to quote my daddy, "Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you."

Yeah. Guess I need to make my mustache look a little bit more Hitleresque in appearance. :rolleyes:

"Right wingest jerk"? Guess this guy is offended at me for having those dirty nasty icky guns, too. :sobstory:

He came off like a cork waiting for a reason to pop.

Serpwidgets said:
Come on, Rich, get with the times. We all know that this site doesn't cost a dime to run. It's free speech, man. The US Constitution guarantees everyone in the world, including the UK, the right to do whatever they wish with your private property, and without consequence to themselves. And you have to like it, too.

[/sarcasm] :sidestep:
Um. that UK comment might have been directed at Stubby, who actually put together a nice site. He was not in here complaining, and I hope he doesn't. I kinda like him.

Serpwidgets, you on the other hand have more advertising in your sig than I thought possible. I know you are well liked, and I'll probably get slammed for this, but, Pot meet Kettle.

Hurley said:
Ahhh, I'm reminded of a catchy little number from The Sound of Music:

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu

So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen
I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne, YES?
NO!

I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye -- Goodbye!
I'm glad to go, I cannot tell a lie
I flit, I float, I fleetly flee, I fly
The sun has gone to bed and so must I

Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye

Goodbye

ROFLMAO Connie, I would have never know how to spell auf Wiedersehen, and I'm part German! What a nice little song for our fallen comrade!

Rich, I don't know how you do it, Prozac maybe?? LOL

brownie55 said:
Serpwidgets, you on the other hand have more advertising in your sig than I thought possible. I know you are well liked, and I'll probably get slammed for this, but, Pot meet Kettle.

I think the sig areas are kept at a reasonable size, but one point to look at is, both Serp and Hurley are paid contibutors, both have paid a yearly fee for forums, and even paid for banner advertising as well....
I think there are differences in leaps and bounds between that and people who don't contribute anything and just want free advertising. And just so you know, I am not implying anyone imparticular.

We are all extremely lucky we are allowed to post our for sale animals here. I find the request extremely reasonable.

brownie55 said:

:eek1: It's all very well funded too brownie. Just think, Serp and Hurley are both contributors, (probably over the $25 minimum) they also have their own forum, and their own banner ad. I think a little advertising in their sig is well paid for don't you?

brownie55 said:
Um. that UK comment might have been directed at Stubby, who actually put together a nice site. He was not in here complaining, and I hope he doesn't. I kinda like him.

Huh?

The comment was directed at the person who wrote this:
and if someone wants to post a site that has some uk snakes on it, or their own collection i hardly think it would have anything to do with taking away from what this site was intended for nor do i think it will make you any richer/poorer if someone has their own website
I don't see how someone in the UK can be said to have "free speech" on private property owned by an American citizen. This doesn't make any sense to me, maybe someone can explain it?

And the reason I have LINKS (not advertisements, the banner I pay for every month is an advertisement) in my signature is because all of last year when I did not do that, people were surprised--8 months after my book was out--to find out that it even existed. I STILL get people who have been on this board for a LONG time acting surprised to find out that I have a book out.

I suppose that linking my genetics tutorial, which I've spent hundreds of dollars to host over the last several years and has never generated a dime, counts as "advertising" too, eh? I guess the "INTJ" page is an advertisement, too. For what I don't know... :shrugs:

But thanks for pointing out that I pay for my advertising here. :santa:

Rich Z said:

I was actually impressed with your composure, I don't think I would have been so kind :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back