• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anyone have a nicaraguan boa?

Had1nowwant1

There is one at the pet store here. the owner said its like a dwarf redtail boa.
im not gonna get it but i was just wondering if anyone has one and what are they like.

I have 2.2 of them. The males are striped het for blood and the females are het stripe/blood. I also have any Anery Type II.

They will be a bit smaller than their columbian cousins. Probably peaking out at about 5-6 feet, unless you're overfeeding.

ok thanks. what is their temperament like? The owner of the petstore held it and it was pretty calm. She said it only eats live though. Do yours eat f/t?Also do you know a site that has a good caresheet on them?

I only feed f/t to EVERY snake I have. Nobody gets live.

They're pretty docile, except for one. She has an attitude. And I'm guessing it runs in the bloodline because a guy on another forum that has a sibling to her, she's also quite pissy. But the others have never given me a hard time. As for caresheets....I'd suggest poking around the boa forum at Kingsnake.com . Sorry, I don't know of anything specific off the top of my head. For the most part, they're kept just like common boas.

Back