• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ultimate Fighting

does anyone watch this? anyone got any picks on who's gonna win the contracts this season? i pick Luke for welterweight and the bald dude (can't remember his name) to win the heavyweight division.

has anyone ever fought in any ultimate fighting or extreme fighting? i did it in my early 20's ( in local extreme fight clubs,never got the chance in UFC). finished with a record of 8-2-1 then decided i'd had enough. i could tell it was time to stop when i was sore for a week after a fight, instead of the normal 2-3 days.

Another fan... sweet. I do not fight, but I am a big fan of MMA. I have gone to 2 UFC events in Vegas. That is pretty cool that you were a fighter. I have to agree with your pick for Welterweight. Luke is going all the way. I am not sure about the heavyweights though. None of them stand out too much to me. One thing is for sure. This season is not nearly as good as last season. And this season made me dislike Matt Hughes even more. St. Pierre is gonna wipe the floor with him when they meet up. What do you think about Nate Quarry getting a title shot so soon?

Big fan too. So much more skillful and honourable than boxing.

I took the chance to see UFC 38 when it came to London. Saw one of the quickest KO's ever. Nice that when the guy came round he got up and shook his oponents hand!

It is much more exciting then the other fighting styles.

Luke has good skills and disipline but I haven't seen the short stocky guy fight yet. He seems very strong and looks to be a good grappler, one of lukes shortcomings.

Don't know about the heavywieghts, that big dude is BIG. Not that size is a huge advantage but if used right it can be.

There is a saying in British rugby (full contact ball sport) that a good bigun' is better than a good littleun'

Guess that applies here too!

Joe (the short stocky guy) is a really good fighter from what I hear, and a great grappler, but Luke has shown that he is good at avoiding take-downs. Also, Luke has what seems to be a huge reach advantage over him. Some friends who saw him at a grappling tournament around here said that I am about the same height as him, and that is SHORT!!! My prediction is that Luke stuffs him with a knee when he shoots for a take-down. I think Rashad<sp> might have a good shoot at taking the heavywieght, but like I said, none of them stand out to me. I am also anxious to see Diego Sanchez v. Nick Diaz on the finale. Right now, I am trying to figure out a way I could make it financially possible to get out to Vegas to see the next UFC next month. Gonna be some good fights at that one too.

i use to do alot of grappling fights back in highschool there was no striking just tapouts. I fought in an organization called NAGA, North American Grappling Association. it was a very good org. Regards to the show i believe Joe is gonna win he's the tuffest and has best takedown skills by far and is a great ground and pounder. I also personally think PRIDE fighting is better than UFC, they have tougher fighters.

The next welterwieght fight will an interesting match as well. We'll see how well Joe handles a standup fighter, the other guy is a pretty tough brawler.

The only heavywieght left that I've seen is Rashad and he improved in the second fight I saw. Of course, the other guy wasn't really into it.

rashad hasn't had to fight anyone that WANTED to fight. the first dude was too busy complaining about his shoulder, and then his fight against mike was, well, PATHETIC! if i was in that cage with rashad and he started doing that dancing around crap, i guarantee i'd use that as the opportunity to knock his ass out.

about Nate getting a shot at Rich's title. it may be too soon, i don't know. Rich only had 4 fights when he won the title, so who's to say? i think it'll be a good fight though.

Joe is a damn good fighter, but i really want to see Luke take him out.Luke was the last guy picked for teams, and i want to see him win just so he can show matt and rich that they were oh-so-wrong about him.

the first season was definately better than this season was. this season was full of whiners. it seemed to me that some of them maybe just wanted to be on TV, and didn't actually want to fight. i wonder if as many of them from this season will end up with contracts. seems like most of the guys from season 1 are now fighting for the UFC.

To whoever said they preferred PRIDE over UFC: PRIDE fighting is awesome!! i've seen a few UFC "tough guys" get their asses handed to them in PRIDE. Like when Rampage beat the hell out of Chuck Liddell.
there's also an organization out of Japan called Frontier Martial Arts and Wrestling. they do some crazy stuff there. i actually had the chance to do a fight over there in 98, but declined once i was told that both me and my opponent's hands would be taped, then dipped in glue, then dipped in broken glass. travel and hotel would have been paid for, but i would have only been paid $400, and that just wasn't worth it to me, although i would have loved to see Japan.

Garteaser4 said:
i use to do alot of grappling fights back in highschool there was no striking just tapouts. I fought in an organization called NAGA, North American Grappling Association. it was a very good org. Regards to the show i believe Joe is gonna win he's the tuffest and has best takedown skills by far and is a great ground and pounder. I also personally think PRIDE fighting is better than UFC, they have tougher fighters.
My roommate just fought in a NAGA tournament. There were only 2 other people in his division though, so he lost his first fight by points and was out. That is where my friends saw Joe Stephenson. He fights out of Cobra Kai (yes, there is a real one now.) And I agree, pride is much better. They have better fighters by far. Shogun has been killing everyone lately. The only problem is, I can't roll on over to Japan to go to one and I really enjoy going to the fights. Vegas ain't to far from here, so I go to UFC. It's a very exciting atmosphere when you are there, especially for a big fight like Cotour vs. Liddel.

wikkedkornman said:
rashad hasn't had to fight anyone that WANTED to fight. the first dude was too busy complaining about his shoulder, and then his fight against mike was, well, PATHETIC! if i was in that cage with rashad and he started doing that dancing around crap, i guarantee i'd use that as the opportunity to knock his ass out.
I do agree that Rashad hasn't had a great opponent, but he is a very good wrestler, and he has quick hands. I think him or the bald guy (I also forgot his name) have the best shot.

I also agree that there won't be as many people from this season fighting in the UFC as there were from last season. I have been stoked about Mike Swick and Chris Leben. They seem to be doing pretty well.

Any body else out there want to see Tito go ever to Pride to get a brutal pounding from Silva or Shogun? I'd pay pretty good money to see that.

I work with one of Matt Hughs' cousins. she says that he's a real prick. she offered to let me go down to hillsboro with her to meet him, but since he's a jerk, i politely said no.

last i saw and heard, Tito was busy in TNA wrestling, and from what i hear he's gonna start wrestling, like Ken Shamrock did back in the day.

wikkedkornman said:
i actually had the chance to do a fight over there in 98, but declined once i was told that both me and my opponent's hands would be taped, then dipped in glue, then dipped in broken glass.

Wuss! Believe me that I'm only kidding. I would never intentionally offend a guy who even had the opportunity to decline such a fight! The game Soul Calibur is about as close as I've come to this kind of thing. But I did sprain my thumb pretty badly once, during a marathon Tekken session...

tat2d1 said:
I work with one of Matt Hughs' cousins. she says that he's a real prick. she offered to let me go down to hillsboro with her to meet him, but since he's a jerk, i politely said no.

last i saw and heard, Tito was busy in TNA wrestling, and from what i hear he's gonna start wrestling, like Ken Shamrock did back in the day.
Tito is in wrestling because he started making rediculous pay demands to fight in any MMA franchise. UFC wouldn't pay it, and Pride didn't want a guy who takes people down and lays on them til time runs out. Plus he would get killed in Pride.

I really like to watch any kind of real (no WWF please) fighting. I Just don't like pay per view. But since UFC is on TV, I keep track of it pretty closely. I've never seen a pride match, are the rules pretty much the same?

i've only seen pride fighting once. it's aired on fox sports once a month. check it out sometime.

leftymussoloni....
Yeah i heard of cobra kai when i was doing it, i won my division when i was there for the season.. its a pretty good league, i ve been to a few ufc to watch and your right they are awesome, my favortie fighter is vanderlie silva from chute boxe,,, but im a wrestler by origin... i dont think joe will really have any tough fights in the show and i dont think a stand up fighter will give him any trouble really, but hey im a wrestler so i will say im being bias.. also i though the same about koscheck but he was very inexperienced in mma.. i know him from wrestling too he coached to of my buddies at buffalo, but i still think he will do better in the ufc than diego or or liebman... i saw his one fight where he was crushing that one dude then with like less than a minute left they got put back on their feet and he got knocked out, just inexperienced... all in all id put my money down on joe winning the whole thing

going on the matt hughes issue yeah hes not the nicest guy but hes a sick wrestler and he was nasty in college a lot of ppeople dont understand how hard it is to compete and how competitive it is to compete at D1 levels and national levels and even world levels as those guys compete,, hes just super competitive thats y he comes off as such a jerk.. he wouldnt be the best person for any beginner to work with

Garteaser4 said:
leftymussoloni....
Yeah i heard of cobra kai when i was doing it, i won my division when i was there for the season.. its a pretty good league, i ve been to a few ufc to watch and your right they are awesome, my favortie fighter is vanderlie silva from chute boxe,,, but im a wrestler by origin... i dont think joe will really have any tough fights in the show and i dont think a stand up fighter will give him any trouble really, but hey im a wrestler so i will say im being bias.. also i though the same about koscheck but he was very inexperienced in mma.. i know him from wrestling too he coached to of my buddies at buffalo, but i still think he will do better in the ufc than diego or or liebman... i saw his one fight where he was crushing that one dude then with like less than a minute left they got put back on their feet and he got knocked out, just inexperienced... all in all id put my money down on joe winning the whole thing

going on the matt hughes issue yeah hes not the nicest guy but hes a sick wrestler and he was nasty in college a lot of ppeople dont understand how hard it is to compete and how competitive it is to compete at D1 levels and national levels and even world levels as those guys compete,, hes just super competitive thats y he comes off as such a jerk.. he wouldnt be the best person for any beginner to work with
Yeah, Silva is pretty freakin rad. That guy has destroyed so many people. CroCop is an awesome Pride guy too. Yeah, I am feeling the bias a bit too. I am an underdog lover. Especially if the underdog is kind of a dork like myself.

To everyone who hasn't seen Pride, You need to see it. Netflix has a couple of DVDs or your local Blockbuster might. The online Blockbuster (netflix ripoff) had Pride DVDs last year that we rented.

lefty_mussolini said:
Tito is in wrestling because he started making rediculous pay demands to fight in any MMA franchise. UFC wouldn't pay it, and Pride didn't want a guy who takes people down and lays on them til time runs out. Plus he would get killed in Pride.
he's been talking to joe silva and he's getting re-signed with the ufc...he was contacted by pride and K1 but their offers werent that good...so expect to see him in the octagon in the future. But Tito would do awesome in Pride...he's a great wrestler and he'd take down most guys and in pride knees to the head and soccer kicks are allowed so he'd do pretty good there imo. And dont forget that Tito beat Wanderlei. But if he did lay and prey he'd be out of there pretty fast.

Like mentioned before i like Pride alot better...W. Silva is a great fighter but he's not doing very good atm..hopefully he'll be back strong when he's fighting arona again on NYE i think.

My favorite fighters are: Fedor, Cro Cop, Shogun, J. Hansen (lightweight), Diesel, GSP.

Oh yeah and train BJJ and some Muay Thai :)

Back