• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Beardie egg question (NOT for beardie lovers!)

RyanR

Canadian Boa Fanatic.
well i was wondering what exactly to do with unwanted beardie eggs? many say freeze and discard them (because of a sexing mistake i might end up with eggs soon)... well i have snakes.... and i dont want to "Waste" theese eggs if i dont have to.... WOuld it be ok to say.. feed theese eggs off to my.. corn snakes? boas? bp? or even my breeder rats?... what health effects could this have on my snakes? good or bad?... any insight/info on this would be appriciated...

I would like to know this too... Ive always wanted to breed my beardie but I guess they have ALOT of eggs.

Waste the eggs, freeze them and throw them out!.
I wouldn't chance a "health" problem just to try to save eggs.

I heard eggs can be better for your snakes? Just not sure what kind or anything.

Your rats would probably love them. I'm not kidding. Those guys will eat anything. And it would be better than wasting them. Although, don't be suprised if quite a few people :flames: you.

i exspect to get flamed.. but in all honesty it is NO Different then rabbits being bred for boa food.. hell its the same ass mice for corns.... Everything is raised for a reason... weather its to EAT or to be EATEN

this post was not to offend anyone it was to learn.. and mabey bennifit my other animals off a simple mistake that was made leading to my friend having beardie eggs soon... so whats one step better then freezing and garbaging them? using them to bennifit other animals!

Personally I think you need to think it over.

Where do eggs come from? The cloaca of another reptile. Are you completely sure that your beardie is parasite free? That'd be my #1 concern.

If you still want to try it, freeze them for a couple of weeks to hopefully kill anything they might have, then thaw and try it out.

Although I don't expect corns, bp's, or boas to be interested in them. My kingsnake loves cornsnake eggs. But I've always washed them off, dried them and froze them before feeding even though I've had fecals run on all of my adult snakes at some point or another.

Separate the beardies if you don't want eggs. *shrug*

there not my beardies.. i only have a male.. there my friends. he baught them both as female and now will have 15-30 eggs every month for a year.

forgot to add he doesnt want hatchlings so the only reason i asked is its better to use them for nutrients for other herps then garbage them.. but i guess as it seems atm ill just tell him to garbage em

Why can't you separate them so you won't have eggs or trade one for a different sex. Sorry I don't understand , Seem like an easy solution.

as i said above there not my beardies there my friends.. adn he cant afford to seperate them... and his reasoning for not returning one is.. hes attached to them.. so the female will continualy throw out eggs.

RyanR said:
as i said above there not my beardies there my friends.. adn he cant afford to seperate them... and his reasoning for not returning one is.. hes attached to them.. so the female will continualy throw out eggs.

Which is extremely unheathly for the female, and could lead to her death.

In all honesty, Ryan...If he doesn't have the means to care for them properly, he shouldn't have them.

I agree, mabe even getting rid of one would be better for the female. If he cant afford to separate them then he cant afford to keep them.

To answer the question at hand: I personally would not offer them to my snakes... However, I do offer them back to the dragons to eat. Which a couple will. Other than that, I freeze them first then dispose of them.

Back