• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anyone seen adult motley bloodreds?

eAndrew

I looked for pictures of this on Google, but couldn't find any. A local breeder had one, and I'm fascinated by the idea, but I'm no expert in phenotypes, so I'm not really sure how this combo would come out (can we ever be really sure anyway? :D ).

Anyone seen one?

Thanks!

I haven't seen a bloodred motley, but I think it would be hard to recognize an adult. A good bloodred is almost patternless, and both motleys and bloodreds have plain bellies. I don't really know what the point would be in combining the traits. I do have a hypo blood hatchling that has about 10-11 connected blotches, which makes her look like she could be a motley, but I don't think she is.

Ive never seen one but I would think that it would be extremly hard to distinguish A Motley Bloodred... Since both have the lack of ventral checkering it would be hard to see the diffrence in its babies... To me it seems like it wouldnt matter since the Bloodred is mainly Red... so the Motley effect in essence would be masked by the Bloodred color!

That's basically what I was wondering -- would it change the bloodred at all? It does look different as a hatchling, but of course, it takes quite a while for the red to take over. Heck, my normal bloodred is over 2 years old and is not yet pure red (perhaps she never will be). She still has brownish-red dorsal saddles -- but her ventral side is pure white, so I'm pretty sure she's a "pure" bloodred.

Note, I haven't been keeping cornsnakes for very long, so maybe that's normal. I was just thinking that those deep brown-red saddles on the red-orange background arranged in a motley pattern might be quite fetching. I guess I'd have to buy the snake and see...unfortunately, I have no spare money right now, but I could free some up if the result is likely to be very nice. :(

Thanks, if anyone else has a picture or experience with this morph, I'd love to hear about it!

Back