• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Man of the House

Jynx

Digger, RN
Finally broke out a string and tape measurer... about 3 inches shy of 5 ft. :) I was so proud of him that I thought I'd let him go play. And being the proud Mom I am, of course I had to shoot a few pictures. Unfortunately the lil bastard decided that the top branches looked the most comfortable, and it took me 2 hours to get him down. :nope: His shrub priveleges are now limited.

Attachments

• IMG_0245.JPG
    IMG_0245.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 139
  • dojah.JPG
    dojah.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 138
Wow he is awesome, what kind of snake is he exactly. He has a strong king of the jungle type look.

bigaaron17 said:
how much does he weigh?

I don't have a clue. My scale tops out at 500 grams, so I can only use it to weigh the colubrids. Any boa people want to take a shot at giving me a guestimate of his weight based on his length? Liam? Joker? Trevor?

He's a healthy boy, yet not quite as "robust" as some boas. He's only getting 2 large rats every 14 days to keep him down on size, so I'd say he's an "athletic build."

Last edited:
You could always wiegh yourself, and then wiegh yourself holding the snake to get an approximate. That's what I do with my cat. ;)
Handsome fellow!

Well, that could work but I am anti-scales. I don't own one. I suppose I could hide him in a backpack and take him to the gercery store. those produce scales should work. lol just kidding.

Jynx said:
I don't have a clue. My scale tops out at 500 grams, so I can only use it to weigh the colubrids. Anyone boa people want to take a shot at giving me a guestimate of his weight based on his length? Liam? Joker? Trevor?

He's a healthy boy, yet not quite as "robust" as some boas. He's only getting 2 large rats every 14 days to keep him down on size, so I'd say he's an "athletic build."
Sounds about the same size as one of my guys. I went to go weigh him, but he is um... entertaining his lady. So I can weigh him after work (his and mine) :grin01:

About the same length as my Hog Island so Im gonna go out on a limb and guess. This is totally off the wall and I wouldnt even know as I dont own a scale either but Zach weighed him when he got him. My guess is about 1700 grams. It may be way off as our boas are all over the scale so please keep this in mind. So what do I win now?
Josh

By the way Jynx, Im so glad you got him out. They sure can be strong stubborn little buttheads cant they.
Josh

Beautiful rtb, I have one. Mines only 3ft and weighs, I think the last time I checked 700 grams. I dont know if this helps.

Jynx said:
I suppose I could hide him in a backpack and take him to the gercery store. those produce scales should work. lol just kidding.

I think I'd laugh so hard that I'd poop myself if I saw someone doing that at the supermarket!!
:crazy02:

princess said:
I think I'd laugh so hard that I'd poop myself if I saw someone doing that at the supermarket!!

Hey I used to take the corns down the street to Petco and use their package scale, but I was also friends with the manager. :grin01:

And Joker, yes he was an ass. I would have had him out sooner, but my brother borrowed my ladder. When I finally did get a grip on him, he decided to wrap every ounce of muscle he around those branches. I almost cut my tree down, but he eventually wandered towards eye level.

Sorry I missed this one. I guess I was too busy with my own threads. :rolleyes:

It's about time we got to see him. Her. He/She on certain days. :shrugs:

I'd have to see him in person to get some scale as to his size. We're going to get an actualy scale fairly soon here. Because we have some girls that need to be weighed for next season.

He's a great looker though. Looks like he has a nice clean belly, and quite a bit of pink/orange tones to him. Let's make a time to meet up, Casey. :cool:

Will do hun. I've been devoting all week/weekend to studying, as I have a test Tues and Thur. After this week, I'll have a little time to breath since I won't have to spend every second to studying (assuming I don't get too behind on homework... *sigh*). I'm hoping to meet up with Traci sometime soon, but you and Cami have dibs on my time this weekend. I've been promising a visit for weeks... I'm surprised you have been so patient with me! Let me know when. I'll bring the boy and some Anejo over and we can make it a party. :D

Jynx said:
Will do hun. I've been devoting all week/weekend to studying, as I have a test Tues and Thur. After this week, I'll have a little time to breath since I won't have to spend every second to studying (assuming I don't get too behind on homework... *sigh*). I'm hoping to meet up with Traci sometime soon, but you and Cami have dibs on my time this weekend. I've been promising a visit for weeks... I'm surprised you have been so patient with me! Let me know when. I'll bring the boy and some Anejo over and we can make it a party. :D
*whining*I wanna live in AZ too. You guys have snake parties over there. :grin01:

as of 5 mins ago my boa is.. 38 inches.. and 602 grams. and is fed 1 large mouse a week...

if i were to guess the weight of yours id say around 1500G or so if you said he has a "athletic build"

i will.. once i start breeding good... its 1.25 for a large mouse... or 7$ for a small-medium rat :| thats a RIP

Back