• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

quick heating question~

RyanR

Canadian Boa Fanatic.
alright i have a heat lamp for my boa tank.. and the bulb died.. and i wont have cash for a new one for like a week.. so will a 60 watt household bulb be ok for some source of heat for 5-7 days? is there any bad things that can happen? the heat lamp can hold up to a 250W bulb.!

i baught a twin pack at first... the first bulb lasted like 4 months... so i figured the second would last that.. second one burnt out after just over 2 :S thats why i was unprepared!

We just use regular household bulbs on all of our tanks with lighting (instead of belly heat). I don't see any reason to pay 3 or 4 times the amount for a "special" heat bulb. A 60W bulb regularly heated the surface of the aspen in my one corn's cage to upwards of 95 F at 16" or so away. The bulbs may not last quite as long but you also aren't paying near what you would otherwise. I'd just go with regular bulbs all the time but that's just my preference.

~Katie

Boas dont need any vitamins from light so as long as the temps are in the mid 80s your boa will be fine.

Back