• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello from Tinley Park!

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
Well, this is the first show we've done up in the Chicago area, and I must say I am impressed with not only the show, but the people whom I have met here. Everyone seems very nice and rather knowledgeable about their animals.

Also got to meet some people whom have previously only been names on emails or messages posted on my message boards.

Sales have been pretty brisk all day Saturday, so we'll see how Sunday goes. This was a pretty expensive show to attend, so I am glad we didn't go in the red doing it.

Connie (my wife) bought me a really nice original drawing by Marty Capron of a corn snake crawling up the side of a tree. Beautiful piece of work!

The flu or whatever I came down with last week has not been too bad, but it's a pain. I'm real surprised I even have my voice remaining.

Guess I should get to bed, because tomorrow will be another day being on my feet all day, then packing up and driving part way home. It's about an 18 hour drive for us, so we want to get out of the area before Monday morning and possibly get hung up in traffic.

Later...........

Make sure you let Connie do most of the driving back so you can rest up! :)

Get well soon Rich.

Yes
hope that you get well soon

I really need to talk to you about some orders.....
I am getting really crazy and thinking of things all the time now...

Great show in Tinley Park!!

I'm so glad that you and Connie were there, Rich, otherwise I wouldn't have my beautiful new amel motley babe (het butter) - I just love her! I'm the blonde lady that was there early Sat. and kept coming back to gaze at your AWESOME selection of the most gorgeous corns I have ever seen at one time. My husband was there to keep me to one purchase, which was the hardest thing I've ever done :( I can't say enough about the show, but for me, you guys were the best part. Hope you can come every year! Thanks for my new beauty - Ginny :)

I have to agree. The show WAS great, and I especially like my new 1.1 silver queen ghosts! It was very nice to meet Rich and Connie (my wife especially liked being able to talk to someone whose husband is REALLY into snakes! It made my thirty-five or so animals seem like nothing to her now. **THANKS**).

It was great meeting some of the people to whom I "talk" on the forums, as well as meeting some of the breeders with whom I've dealt in the past, face to face. Kathy Love and Even Stahl had some especially nice animals!

The highlight of the show for my wife, though, was the 10-12ft alligator that was on display. She thought it was a statue and petting its back when it blinked and moved its head to the side! I thought she was going to lose it! Hehe After the initial shock wore down, she was petting the animal and asking all kinds of questions. She isn't against reptiles at all, but she just isn't "into" them either. However, those silver queens I got . . .SHE picked them out for color and pattern!

:D

Look forward to next year's show. Rich I sure hope you can come back next year. It's as close to us in the Midwest that you come with your terrific animals. I appreciated the opportunity to meet you both and see the critters first hand.

Next year, I'm DEFINITELY bringing more money with me!

Yes more money

Could have used more of that! I got there right when Darin did (although I didnt introduce myself) and grabbed my opal male. From there on it was a mad haze...maybe I was standing too close to the heat lamps, hehe. I really hope you come back next year Rich, as I wasnt able to get my hypo lavender this year. But, I came home with ...:gulp: eleven new snakes! And to think, I brought zero cash. Gotta love credit cards! (well, until I get the bill....yikes!)

Michelle,

Were you the woman who commented about the post I was talking to Rich about? The one about the three snakes for sale there near Tinley Park? If so, you should have said "Hello"! My wife and I love to meet people that we **know** from the forums. At any rate, maybe we'll get to actually say hello at next year's show.

Have fun with your new purchases! I almost broke down and got an opal too, but the "BROKE" part was just too true for me! Hehe

:D

Yep :)

That was me :) Its funny I dont think people will know me, since I use DevilzNight as a handle on many forums...so I dont usually introduce myself. I dunno guess Im weird, lol.
Yes next time I will have to say a more formal "elo"! I will of course be there next year ..wouldnt miss it. I just started a new job so I will have alot more playing money....hear that Rich? ::wink wink:: Hehe.
Speaking of, whats the verdict Rich, think you will be coming back next year??
Michelle Heart

Well, we did enjoy ourselves at the show, but it was a really long drive for us. Plus it is the most expensive show (per table) we do. As long as the date for the next show doesn't conflict with a *closer* show the same weekend, we will probably do it again.

Connie (my wife) really liked the show and we both felt that the people attending the show were extremely nice and very knowledgeable about the animals. I got to meet a bunch of people including Shawn Lockhart and Jim at SWherps. Wish I had been able to get around more, but I felt like Typhoid Mary that weekend.

I just hope I didn't infect anyone with this darned flu bug or whatever I've had all week. I washed my hands constantly with disinfectant. Maybe I should have taken a couple swigs of it as well. Can't be any worse than the Nyquil I was taking.

We've got two weekends off then on to the Columbia, South Carolina show. After that we'll be in Orlando the following weekend, then that's it for the scheduled shows for the season.

Man, I need a break!

Back