• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mouse with a red spot on the neck

sunnyc90

I have a mouse which recently develpoed a red spot on the neck. The spot is after the bottom jaw and sometimes I can see her sctarching it. Cant post a pic because I cant get a pic of her without so much. Anyone know what this could be...

it could be... it dosent show signs of illness cause its really active.. dont know if i should be worried or not.

Could it also be a small cut? A mouse nail can sometimes puncture the skin, causing a red area that may or maynot get infected.

Cant really tell because the mouse moves around too much to catch a glimpse of it. I will try again to take a pic the maybe you guys will have a better idea.

Try socking the mouse. Take an old sock, grab the mouse and stick it in the sock, then you can gently move the mouse to where you can see the spot, and you can prevent the mouse from moving easily. Would probly work best if you could find an infant sock. You could also wrap the mouse in a face cloth.

Back