• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

help with focusing

idontknow

i have a Sony Cybershot DSCP100 5.1MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom. and at the last expo i went i had not very good pics as you can see(http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33322 ) so i learned that macro helps close ups but wen i use automatic and press to auto focus and set shutter speed, if the animals move it blurs. what can i do? and is there any way i can get rid of the glare thats on the display cages from the heat lamps?

To stop the blur caused by the snake moving you really need to use flash so that you can, in turn, use a fast shutter speed. Anything faster than 1/60s should freeze any movement.

As for the glare from the glass you could try using a polarising filter.

I had the same problem with glare when photographing my aquarium. A few things that helped me were 1) taking angled shots so that the flash wasn't head on with the glass.
2) even better...putting the camera on something to stabalize it...a tripod or stack of books. With the flash off, I can get right up to the glass. Of course, the tank is well lit from the lights on the canopy. Maybe setting up a trouble light about the viv would shed some light for you??
3)does your camera have a 'sports' selection for speed? or a rapid burst? both those capture movement well for me.

Back