• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is my male doing his job?

ghosthousecorns

I have 1.3 mice in a 15 gallon, I just got 1.2 white mice a couple of weeks ago and added a female (tan) later. They are all getting along ok.
I haven't seen my male take any interest in his harem, though - he doesn't seem to chase them or try to mate. I am not sure if anything is happening at night when i'm not looking. All the white ones are siblings and the tan one is just past the hopper stage so maybe she just hasn't reached breeding age. I'm just kind of wondering if it would be a good idea to get a different male or give this one a chance. These are all getting along fine so I'd hate to disrupt them, but I need pinkies lol!

Thanks for the reply, I was just wondering if the fact they are siblings is part of it, but I think I will let them be for now. I had a choice of 4 males and picked the one that seemed the friendliest. But when I had mice before I remember that male wouldn't leave the girls alone, this one is just not acting as interested in breeding.

Np. lol i know what its like.

:-offtopic my b/f loves the avatar. he thinks it looks like its going "AAHHH I'M GOING TO KILL YOU"

Yeah, 'happy camper' was a bit of sarcasm. He bit me pretty hard when I let him go, I'm like dude I'm setting you free here! Is that the thanks I get?

Well one of the females gave birth yesterday, only 3 pinkies though. I am a little disappointed by the amount but I think that's all she had, there were no signs of any cannibalism or blood anywhere and all the mice are being pretty good with the babies. Another female is visibly pregnant and is nursing the first females' pinkies and fussing over them like they were her own. The little tan girl is a little younger but I did see the male mate with her yesterday. So far so good, and hopefully the size of the litters will increase, I am letting them keep the first three pinkies for a while so they learn to be mommies, so I am not going to raid the nest just yet lol :)

Thats good. They probably did eat them and left no trace. But hey they are first time mommies. My rat just gave birth to 12 cute lil rat babies. Most from them yet.

Back