• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

MBK Hatchlings!!!

SnakeCreations

Ophiolatress
My eggs hatched! I couldn't believe it. Now I know that it's the natural course of events. Breeding, egg laying then hatching. But I can't tell you how stupified I was when I went to check on the eggs and 7 little heads looked up at me. I thought I had a major infestation or something. Of course it was about 3 am and of course I woke up the whole house. But then, I'm the crazy snake lady...hehehe! They are the cutest and fattest little doo-dads I've ever seen. They range in weight from 15.6 grams to a whopping 19.8 grams. They hatched on day 65.

Enjoy!

-Tonya

Attachments

• Hatch1.jpg
    Hatch1.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Hatch.jpg
    Hatch.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 82
  • Hatchlings.jpg
    Hatchlings.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 83
  • hatchlingsheld.jpg
    hatchlingsheld.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 83
Plissken said:
Adorable! Do they lose those stripes as they mature?

Hi Becks - they are adorable, aren't they? :) It will be interesting to see what these do. This was a cross breeding between two different kings, so I'll be honest - I really don't know. The breeding was supposed to happen between two Florida Kings, but the female wasn't receptive despite the males attention. So after some discussion with the owner of the male, I tried with the MBK - went by the book. 12 eggs, no slugs, 12 hatchlings.... :) He's a Hypo Brooksi which get lighter with age (from what I understand) ...she's a MBK which loose pattern with age. The hatchlings? They don't look like typical MBK's ... perhaps Brooksi, but not hypo. <shrugs> Unless someone here would know?

This breeding was experimentation with breeding, incubation and care only. The owner of the male owns a *decent* pet store, so will sell any hatchlings as pets. In addition, we have friends and family who want to own babies of Leggs - she's such an awesome snake :) Just in case anyone was worried about the *why* of it all or what I would do with 12 fat little offspring.

Here's the couple in post-coital bliss... ok they're still stuck, but it's a cute shot anyway. :)

-Tonya

Attachments

• TheHappyCouple.jpg
    TheHappyCouple.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 78
I love how the scales of MBK's are bright and shiny, but the skin beneath is not so much... it makes such a cool contrast in certain lights. Like body armor or something.

Cute little ones too! Congrats!

Awww. What a cute clutch. The older of my female MBKs had faint pattern as a hatchling, but it has gone away except for a few belly checks. I'd love to see how these guys turn out. :)

It was the best first experience ever - thank you all so much for your kind words :)

Roy Munson said:
Awww. What a cute clutch. The older of my female MBKs had faint pattern as a hatchling, but it has gone away except for a few belly checks. I'd love to see how these guys turn out. :)

Thanks Dean :) Yeah..I'm excited to see what they do too. A few of the potential owners have been over this weekend to see them. I've decided that I'll give some males to these local people with the arrangement that I have the option to "borrow" for photographing. I'll keep a female in case I get a wild hair to breed these again.

I purchased a male hatchling MBK this year, and he had no pattern at all, but I've seen MBK hatchlings with some patterning... just not like these guys.

diamondlil said:
Only a really crazy person wouldn't get excited over babies like that!

I know!! Crazy people all around me!!! hehehe

Thanks again :)

-Tonya

Very nice!!!
Now here's a mixing that I'm all for. Thats a nice mix, and it will be interesting to see how they grow up. Make sure you post pics for us!
Breed them some more and sell one to me! :crazy02:

Back