• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My newest rainbwo boa

cornsnakekid92

trouser snake
Well this little female makes Three. I also got her from ted tompson!.

DSCN1090.jpg

has some moss in her eye!

DSCN1087.jpg

DSCN1084.jpg

DSCN1083.jpg

Oooo beautiful!!! I saw rainbows at the Austin Expo last week and was drooling over them! If I had the cash, I would have gotten a pair for sure. Is their keeping similar to corns or more arboreal?

kimbyra said:
Oooo beautiful!!! I saw rainbows at the Austin Expo last week and was drooling over them! If I had the cash, I would have gotten a pair for sure. Is their keeping similar to corns or more arboreal?
they are more abroreal, get bigger and need really high humidity

Thanks! Thats good to know. Maybe I'll get myself one for my b-day with a good arboreal set up. :cheers:

I need to look up a bunch of info before I get one of course. And get a big cage apparently. I like my critters to have lots of space.
:cheers:

She's gorgeous! awesome pics.

i finally got my rainbow this past Friday. he's settling in to his new home quite nicely. he's pretty tame for me. i say that because when one of the pet store clerks tried to handle him he nipped at them. but everytime i've handled him he's just chill.
i think i may try and feed him tomorrow.
feeding question....can i feed him fuzzy mice instead of rat pinks? i have some rather large fuzzies on hand. and they're about as big as the rats that the store was feeding him.

Tyger9791 said:
She's gorgeous! awesome pics.

i finally got my rainbow this past Friday. he's settling in to his new home quite nicely. he's pretty tame for me. i say that because when one of the pet store clerks tried to handle him he nipped at them. but everytime i've handled him he's just chill.
i think i may try and feed him tomorrow.
feeding question....can i feed him fuzzy mice instead of rat pinks? i have some rather large fuzzies on hand. and they're about as big as the rats that the store was feeding him.
Well how big is he? hatchlings eat mouse fuzzies

he's only a hatchling. his body is about as wide as a mouse fuzzy.

all the care sheets i read said to feed an appropriate sized food item, nothing larger than the girth of the snake. it wasnt specific as to whether to feed rats or mice...and fuzzy mice are readily available to me. but the pet store recommended rat pinks, said they were more nutritious than mice....i also noticed that their rats were more expensive than their mice........

Tyger9791 said:
he's only a hatchling. his body is about as wide as a mouse fuzzy.

all the care sheets i read said to feed an appropriate sized food item, nothing larger than the girth of the snake. it wasnt specific as to whether to feed rats or mice...and fuzzy mice are readily available to me. but the pet store recommended rat pinks, said they were more nutritious than mice....i also noticed that their rats were more expensive than their mice........
i feed mice and rats

cornsnakekid92 said:
i feed mice and rats

cool. i fed him a mouse fuzzy today and he ate it right up.

i love the irridescence too. the photos really show it well.

Hey Chris,

Those are some of the best photos I have seen of BRB. Most just don't capture the true iridescence of them. Out of curiosity what do you shoot with.

~Jeff C.

magick-bears said:
Hey Chris,

Those are some of the best photos I have seen of BRB. Most just don't capture the true iridescence of them. Out of curiosity what do you shoot with.

~Jeff C.
to be honest i have gotten a lot of great photos of my BRBs go to the advance search page, then type my name in, specifi the general chit chat forums then search the word rainbow, it should show you all of them. I use a $200 camera Nikon coolpix L3

Back