• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Rolling my own

Mary-Beth

I've decided to start rolling my own cigarettes. My Dad's been doing it for years and he's always talking about how cheap it is so I figured I'd give it a try. This morning he took me to his favorite tobacco shop and I bought everything I need to make four cartons of cigarettes for $31.00! :eek1:
Now mind you, I live in Tobacco Land USA. :grin01:

I somehow managed to get through my teen-aged years without learning to roll leaf products, so now I get to have the wonderful fun of learning that skill. Give me an empty soda bottle and I can make several different kinds of leaf burning devices though. :grin01:

Mary-Beth said:
I've decided to start rolling my own cigarettes. My Dad's been doing it for years and he's always talking about how cheap it is so I figured I'd give it a try. This morning he took me to his favorite tobacco shop and I bought everything I need to make four cartons of cigarettes for $31.00! :eek1:
Now mind you, I live in Tobacco Land USA. :grin01:

I somehow managed to get through my teen-aged years without learning to roll leaf products, so now I get to have the wonderful fun of learning that skill. Give me an empty soda bottle and I can make several different kinds of leaf burning devices though. :grin01:

Remember....puff-puff-give. :grin01: I think you've made a wise financial decision.

Chris

Are you actually using cigarette papers or are you using the tubes with the filter on it already?

I have been using the tubes for a few years now and it has saved me tons of money. I have been spending around $14 for a cartons worth of tobacco and the tubes. Plus doing it this way I don't get all of the chemical additives that are in normal cigarettes, because I use all natural tobacco.

I have actually been considering doing this for a while. I know how to do it (my previous boss rolled his own, as does my Dad), I just haven't taken the time to get the stuff.

I've also been smokeing the same "Cowboy Killers" (Marlboro Reds) for years. I'm afraid to switch to rolling, what if I don't like the different Tobacco? I might have to pop up to Custom Blends to see if they'll let me have samples so I can decide what I like best.

Billybobob said:
Are you actually using cigarette papers or are you using the tubes with the filter on it already?

I have been using the tubes for a few years now and it has saved me tons of money. I have been spending around $14 for a cartons worth of tobacco and the tubes. Plus doing it this way I don't get all of the chemical additives that are in normal cigarettes, because I use all natural tobacco.

Just using rolling papers. I checked out the tubes, but decided to go as cheap as possible (except for tobacco quality).

blckkat said:
I have actually been considering doing this for a while. I know how to do it (my previous boss rolled his own, as does my Dad), I just haven't taken the time to get the stuff.

I've also been smokeing the same "Cowboy Killers" (Marlboro Reds) for years. I'm afraid to switch to rolling, what if I don't like the different Tobacco? I might have to pop up to Custom Blends to see if they'll let me have samples so I can decide what I like best.

Ask your Dad if you can try a few of his. That's what I did. :)

Every time I've tried rolling my own, I have a run in with the law. Can't seem to get rid of the "canoe" :grin01:

Mary-Beth said:
Just using rolling papers. I checked out the tubes, but decided to go as cheap as possible (except for tobacco quality).

When I run out of tubes I will use the rolling papers to, but I have found that when smoking unfiltered cigarettes my fingers get really bad resin stains.

I have also tried mixing in several different pipe tobaccos with my regular cigarette tobacco. Some blends were good some not so good. They were similar to black n' milds(cant remember if thats the right way to write there name).

blckkat said:

Most of the roll your own tobaccos I have tried are more like Camels in flavor. It did take some getting used to, but it is worth it because of the money I save. I do miss my Marlboro Reds sometimes. :cry:

mbdorfer said:
Every time I've tried rolling my own, I have a run in with the law. Can't seem to get rid of the "canoe" :grin01:

get a rolling machine, they works wonders. plus with the machine they have that "factory" look. my hands are so jittery i cant hand roll em as i tend to rip the paper.

D&LCornSnakes said:
get a rolling machine, they works wonders. plus with the machine they have that "factory" look. my hands are so jittery i cant hand roll em as i tend to rip the paper.
Rolling machines are for Quakers. :grin01:

i've done the filter tubes in the past

not a bad way out if ya want to go with filters
still pretty cheap.. think i was spending about $10 for a cartons worth

I missed something. When did you start smoking again? I thought you just stopped?

Anyways, my college roommates bought cartons of cigarettes from Russia and had them shipped here (and saved a bunch of money). Exact same brands as are sold here, just with Russian writing. They even sold some of the packs to other people and broke even money-wise.

zwyatt said:
Anyways, my college roommates bought cartons of cigarettes from Russia and had them shipped here (and saved a bunch of money). Exact same brands as are sold here, just with Russian writing. They even sold some of the packs to other people and broke even money-wise.
I've had associates/friends bring back American name-brand cigs from other places, and they were NOT the same as their domestic counterparts. Blecccch. :awcrap:

I did the roll-yer-own thing a few years ago. I quit doing it though because the only brand of loose tobacco I liked was Drum, and for some strange reason, all the tobbaco shops near quit selling it.

Anybody know if this stuff is still available in the US?

Back