• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

OMG, oh wow: eyes bigger than the stomach...

Cegninedorf

Twang'em into trees!
This should be proof to anyone that those new cute little tiny hatchlings must certainly be able to handle a pinky if this python can do what s/he did...

Snake eats whole sheep

Ohmijeebus...

The snake can't even close its mouth! It certainly is in violation of the "no bigger than 1.5 the snake's width" food rule! This reminds me of the photo of the python whose stomach burst following ingesting an alligator (for those of you who missed that one...Gator-guzzling python comes to messy end )...un-bloody-real...I can only imagine what that first python thought after just getting the head of the ewe in, "What?! There's more? Oy, vey...glad I stretched this morning!" (A multi-cultural python, at that...:) )

you've not seen the big constictor show inwhich a similarly sized ARP takes down an antelop...

...horns and all...

Ohmigosh, no...antlers, too??? Don't they pierce? Aren't antlers pokey??? Wouldn't that *hurt*? Would a snake regurgitate that -- or is it really able to digest that much of a meal?

Ay yi yi...

you've not seen the big constictor show inwhich a similarly sized ARP takes down an antelop...

I think I saw this one the other night. Snake looked like it swallowed a sofa...hard to miss a snake with a lump that big.

Don't they pierce? Aren't antlers pokey??? Wouldn't that *hurt*?

That's what I would have thought too. But apparently they are able to swallow it hooves, antlers and all and manage to digest all of it.

Pretty amazing stuff!

Oh my... and here I was, worrying about feeding Connor a slightly-larger-than-normal fuzzy on Tuesday :rolleyes:

:-offtopic
*Methinks I'm starting to over-use this icon!*

Cegninedorf said:
This reminds me of the photo of the python whose stomach burst following ingesting an alligator (for those of you who missed that one...Gator-guzzling python comes to messy end

They actually found out that the python easily could have digested that alligator, but some outside influence caused it to burst (like being attacked by another gator while digesting).

PnyKlr said:
They actually found out that the python easily could have digested that alligator, but some outside influence caused it to burst (like being attacked by another gator while digesting).

Oh, ok...that makes sense...my 2nd graders loved checking out that photo, though. :p I thought it would gross them out or scare some, but all wanted to see it & were enthralled. I figured that they'd be ok in the end, considering the crap they watch on TV & at the movies. :p

Later, I was thinking about the digested ewe...and lordy, what must a python dump look like after digesting one of those! :sidestep: I will thankfully keep my itty-bitty corn snake poos, thank you very much. :rolleyes:

Back