• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My New Friend

lefty_mussolini

Start Wearing Purple
This guy came into my work about a year ago with some serious calcium deficiency. The bosses didn't give him much of a chance to live, but they offered him for free to a regular customer that often takes in rescues. Well, a year later he is going strong, but our customer needed to make some room. She brought this boy back, but because of his deformities due to his previous malnutrition, we wouldn't feel comfortable selling him. Soooo, I took him home. He is a total sweetheart... well, not totally. He hisses a bit before you pick him up, but it's all bluff. He is getting used to his new digs after our photo shoot. My room mate named him Barney.

So here is Barney, the Blue Tongued Skink :)

bt02.jpg

bt03.jpg

bt05.jpg

Too bad he had such a rough start. I'm glad he's going to live out the rest of his life in your capable hands, Trevor. I don't know enough about these guys to see what's deformed about him, but he is pretty.

Thanks everyone :)
Roy Munson said:
I don't know enough about these guys to see what's deformed about him, but he is pretty.
This boy is very healthy, but he has two "kinks." They are somewhat hard to see in the pics, but one is just behind his head, and the other is just above his tail. They both have somewhat of a bump and then a dent.
diamondlil said:
Is Barney smoking a cocktail cigarette?
His other problem is his unfortunate smoking habit :grin01:

Blutengel said:
First time ever I saw pictures of a skink making me think they look great!
Trust me... they are great. I got to see him drinking his water yesterday and he was lapping it up like a dog :)

He's lovely.
We have Blue Tongued Skinks at college, they're so nice to handle.
Does he puff himself up at all when you pick him up?

Back