• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shed, or get off the pot!

mbdorfer

Just about at my wits end with this guy. Since I got him back in mid June 06, this is the first sign of a shed that I have seen. He's been like this since yesterday! I just fixed him up with a nice moist hide and he went right into it, so maybe he'll get the rest off.
Good excuse to try out the new camera anyway :grin01:

Pinocchio

24fe4920.jpg

Funny thing is, he looks really bright like he shed, but I searched the viv and found nothing. Maybe he ate his shed and got this part stuck on his big schnoz! :shrugs:
15a88351-1.jpg

15a88351.jpg

My tri had a shed like that. I'm still finding pieces of it. I ended up soaking and rubbing him.

Nanci

:roflmao: It's only the eleventh day of 2007, and we may already have a "Thread Title of the Year" winner. :cheers:

He sure looks freshly shed, Mike. And that piece on his schnozz doesn't look right for being at the beginning of a shed. Who knows? :shrugs: Handsome devil though. :)

I think a slow rate of growth, as evidenced by the infrequent sheds, is optimal for hoggies.

NAnci

Update

Made a mental note to myself: You are not 20 anymore, wear your glasses when cleaning vivs :grin01:

Found this tonight

994ac9de.jpg

He took a nice sized hopper this evening as well :cool:

Happy Hoggie!

994ac9de-1.jpg

nice find old man..................oh, and nicer looking snake. glad he is coming around finally. :cheers:

How did I miss this thread! Hes just adoreable!

Hogweina just shed a few days ago - she was the pissy'st snake EVER in shed. But it promotes a good feeding response. Shes finnished about 90 pinks off in the last 8 weeks and is now taking 2 fuzzies at a time.

Im soooo glad your wee man is becoming as insanley obsessed with food as she is :)

mbdorfer said:
That's 1.6071428 pinks a day! Are you insane, or is Hogweina! :crazy02:

Well she is my snaklet - Of course she will have tendancies to be slightly irrational when it comes to most things LOL

Aye she takes 9/10 pinks a go, And could eat more. :sidestep:

Back