• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Live Video Feed from African Watering Hole

pcar

PCar's Reptiles
Don't know if anyone on here has seen this yet, but it's pretty interesting. I have seen a few things so far today in just 2 hours, and right now I am watching a groupe of lions. They are about 7 hours ahead of us right now, so you will be looking in Night vision, but here's the link....hope that it works.

http://live.wildlife.wavelit.net/451OK

Enjoy

Dangit, it wouldn't open in my media player so I wasn't able to watch it. Will have to try again later I guess.

Shade said:
Wow. Those crickets are really annoying.

And lions are boring.
They're asleep. :p

I actually think the ambient sounds of wildlife and outdoors is really soothing...
But I'm just weird. :shrugs:

Drucifer said:
They're asleep. :p

I actually think the ambient sounds of wildlife and outdoors is really soothing...
But I'm just weird. :shrugs:

Usually I'd agree with you on the sound thing, but those crickets are really high pitched coming through my speakers.

All's quiet on the African front. I saw a tail move a couple times, but that's about it...

well darn. I don't know why my media player won't let me hook to the video. Are you all viewing it on media player or some other player?

Did any of you guys get involved with that whole eagles cam thing out on the west coast last spring, with the eggs that didn't hatch, Hornsby Island??

Nanci

I sure did Nanci. Watched it EVERY SINGLE DAY! My daughters and I couldn't stay away. That was TRULY cool. Hope the eagles nest again this year and they set a cam up again for all us Bald Eagle addicts.

Oh, man- that was so emotional! I was watching live when Dad broke the egg. And that little story, about in the future, that they posted? OMG- I started bawling my eyes out. I probably still would if I saw any of the tribute videos again. I had _everyone_ I knew addicted- work, the whole cycling forum- everyone.

I never could make the same emotional attachment to the second pair.

But what if the old pair is too old to have fertile eggs- I'd hate to go through that whole thing again.

Nanci

I never felt the same about the second pair either. I didnt' see when the egg broke, that must have been heart breaking to say the least. I just hope the older pair are able to hatch young this year. Yes I'll watch if they put the cam on, and yes once again I may be hear broken if the same thing happens. But I sure will be cheering them on and saying prayers for them every day!

snakemom1961 said:
well darn. I don't know why my media player won't let me hook to the video. Are you all viewing it on media player or some other player?

I think it only opens up in media player. You might want to make sure that you have the latest updates for it and try again.

I was unable to see the eagles as I had slow dial up at the time and there was no way I could view a streaming video even if there was no movement.

I've been hearing about the watering hole for months- but??? Looks like a bunch of grass to me.

Nanci

Same.
I think it should be better when it's daylight, I just like listening to the sounds.

Whoa, I only looked 15 minutes ago and it was dark, now it's light.
Yeah, must be morning!
I'm glued to the screen now o.o

Forgot I had the sound turned off!!

When I sleep, I have one of those sound machine things, that I usually have set on frogs or crickets, but sometimes rain. It reminds me of that.

Nanci

Back