• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Addition....Werner's Chameleon

Beothon Lover

The One an Only Kuro....
So today i was at my local herp store just looking around and bought a dozen crickets for my frog. I was looking at all the different creatures John(the store owner and breeder of most of the snakes he sells in the store) had and i stopped at the chameleon cages(John has 3 cages with a different species of cham in each cage) and i stopped at the Werner's Chameleon cage and saw this cute small(if she stretches out her tail she's only 7-8 inches long) little female trying desperately to either climb up or through the glass. I asked John if i could hold her..he said sure and let me get her out myself(usually as long as i ask i can hold just about any creature he has for sale). She seemed content when i got her out and calmed down considerably and set about calmly exploring my hands and arms...after about 20-30 minutes of holding her i asked if i could go show her to my mom(who was out in the car because she didn't want to come in) he said it was ok since today although cloudy was a nice day..mom fell for her instantly..i asked mom if we could get her after I've done some research and have her Viv set up.

She said yes. So we gave John a check to hold her for us till friday....i have almost everything already but need a couple things to make the Viv to what her specific species of chameleon needs and need to read up on the type of husbandry she needs(have been reading caresheets since i got home at 4pm today)

She's a 2006 baby female(if you haven't already guessed) Werner's Chameleon only 5-6 inches with her tail curled up but if she stretches out her tail she's 7-8 inches long. She has a really sweet temperament and is really curious and wants climb everything(including my face).

femalewernerismall_JPG.jpg

^^....is a pic of a female Werner's. Sorry its so small its the only pic i could find of a female Werner that looks similar to mine. Oh, with Werner's chams..males have three horns while females only have one.

Oh and before i forget i think I'm going to name her Mirra...and I'll post pics of her either friday or saturday so you guys can see what she looks like.

Beothon

Congratulations, you have turned into Mike! No really- that looks like a great chameleon. If anyone could get one and have it thrive, it would be you.

Nanci

Lovely new addition! I see you have her listed in your ever growing sig which passed the 4 line limit a long time ago ;)

Nanci- thanks for the congrats and your very kind words.

Tula- thanks. ...i'm going to shorten my sig right away!

Back