• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Some recent Zoo pics...

jennrosefx

*Insert Witty Title Here*
Live 5 minutes away from the LA Zoo. Compared to many zoos...it's really an awful zoo. And they're doing a TON of construction right now...so, not very peaceful. Even so...it's 5 minutes away, and I have a membership...so it's still a fun place to drag my camera to for an hour here and an hour there. :)

Here are a few shots I'm almost happy with from my past few trips:

FlamingoFace.jpg">

ChimpOnLog.jpg

Ibis.jpg

SnowLeopardEditSm.jpg

nooooose.jpg

Great shots Jenn!! What kind of camera do you use?
Love the angle for the giraffe shot - very unique and fun! And that snow leopard is beautiful!!

Ooh, I love the flamingos! Probably because I love flamingos...

Have you ever noticed how smelly giraffes are? Very friendly, but VERY stinky.

Nanci

That's an excellent shot of piloerection on that chimp, Jenn. Really good. Would you mind putting something on it that says it's yours and sending me a copy that I could use in lectures in future?

desertanimal said:
That's an excellent shot of piloerection on that chimp, Jenn. Really good. Would you mind putting something on it that says it's yours and sending me a copy that I could use in lectures in future?

Sure!! But only if you'll tell me what piloerection is! I won't tell you what first came to mind...but I checked...that's not it. Is it the hair standing up? (I get happy when I can guess this stuff...lol). I can probably dig up the rest of the pics and send some yer way if you like! :)

ArpeggioAngel said:
Great shots Jenn!! What kind of camera do you use?
Love the angle for the giraffe shot - very unique and fun! And that snow leopard is beautiful!!

I use a Nikon D50. That Giraffe is probably my favorite photo of all time...hehehe. It was shot with a 70-300mm lense...but it didn't hurt that the giraffe was CLOSE! ;)

Nanci said:
Ooh, I love the flamingos! Probably because I love flamingos...

Have you ever noticed how smelly giraffes are? Very friendly, but VERY stinky.

Nanci

I dunno...I think the flamingos are SMELLIER!!!

jennrosefx said:
Sure!! But only if you'll tell me what piloerection is! I won't tell you what first came to mind...but I checked...that's not it. Is it the hair standing up? (I get happy when I can guess this stuff...lol). I can probably dig up the rest of the pics and send some yer way if you like! :)

You got it. They do it when they are agitated, tense, excited, etc. It's funny, because sometimes they will pretend not to be anxious about something, like another animal, and they'll sit there all "nonchalant" but piloerect. LOL! Gives the boys away every time! Send as many pics as you think are good. I'm desertanimal at yahoo dot com. It's difficult to dig up shots where students can really see the hairs standing up if they don't already know what the chimps look like when they are relaxed. That one is pretty obvious. I love it.

desertanimal said:
You got it. They do it when they are agitated, tense, excited, etc. It's funny, because sometimes they will pretend not to be anxious about something, like another animal, and they'll sit there all "nonchalant" but piloerect. LOL! Gives the boys away every time! Send as many pics as you think are good. I'm desertanimal at yahoo dot com. It's difficult to dig up shots where students can really see the hairs standing up if they don't already know what the chimps look like when they are relaxed. That one is pretty obvious. I love it.

Hahaha. Cool, I'll see what I have. I took a bunch, I'm sure...and will have them in color. Made this one B & W cause I think the pics were a touch over exposed...but I'll go look. :) I'll send you larger ones too...this one will probably print too tiny if you need to print it.

Back