• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

KSB honeymoon

embers

I have two new Kenyan Sand Boas. I only have the larger (male) of the two photoed, because the smaller (female) had just eaten and I did not want to manipulate her.

I love these snakes! They are so neat!

sandspp4.jpg

sands2nv3.jpg

sands3lc8.jpg

Since these photos (two days ago) I have the tank arranged a bit better. I will post new habitat pictures soon (maybe by today's end).

Anyone else have or love sand boas?

I think they are awesome, and would LOVE to have a breeding pair. Perhaps a normal het. anery and an anery...yea...that's what I want :D.

They sure are fun snakes...

[edit]I don't know if you're aware of this, but if you put a smallish piece of plate glass with rounded edges inside the viv, they will spend a LOT of time "hiding" under the weight of the glass, but you'll still be able to see them, and see the network of tunnels they create. Pretty neat stuff...[/edit]

tyflier said:
I think they are awesome, and would LOVE to have a breeding pair. Perhaps a normal het. anery and an anery...yea...that's what I want :D.

They sure are fun snakes...

[edit]I don't know if you're aware of this, but if you put a smallish piece of plate glass with rounded edges inside the viv, they will spend a LOT of time "hiding" under the weight of the glass, but you'll still be able to see them, and see the network of tunnels they create. Pretty neat stuff...[/edit]
I didn't know that, but that is really neat! I had read the importance of feeling the weight and pressure of substrate on top of them to feel secure. Would your idea work with the aspen bedding I'm using?

Sure it will. It will work with any burrowing snake and substrate that retains tunneling. Aspen will "collapse" a bit more than, say, coconut shavings...but you don't want coconut shavings with KSB's...too much moisture...Aspen will still hold the majority of the tunnels in tact...

Cute little guy! He won't be bigger than his mate for long...I really want one, but also really want a Rosy, but gave away my only vacancy on Easter to Little Lila the Lavender because she was so beautiful and sweet...

Tom Thompson is the KSB man around here. He's got crazy-gorgeous KSBs, one beautiful morph after another. (I'm just a teeny bit jealous!!!)

Nanci

One day maybe, maybe I will breed. We shall see. Right now we are just having a lot of fun... We homeschool and both work from home, so we 'get' to have the time to really have fun with all of the critters.

Nanci said:
Cute little guy! He won't be bigger than his mate for long...I really want one, but also really want a Rosy, but gave away my only vacancy on Easter to Little Lila the Lavender because she was so beautiful and sweet...

Tom Thompson is the KSB man around here. He's got crazy-gorgeous KSBs, one beautiful morph after another. (I'm just a teeny bit jealous!!!)

Nanci
As in "tsthompson" or "Tom Tuttle from Tacoma"? I might have to send him a PM... :grin01:

Yes, that's him. All his pics are gone from here, though! Too bad. He was really cool about explaining the colors of the KSBs to me.

Nanci

Is there a rule around these parts against photos..? I tried to post a topic here in the chit-chat area about my ball python, and there was an error prohibiting me to post that mentioned too many photos in the post (I have them all hosted remotely). Is it not prohibited to talk about other types of snakes? I don't want to inadvertently break any rules...

Nanci said:

Nanci

Embers thats a very handsome male that you have! I'm looking forward to seeing the female! :)
Nanci, Thanks for the compliment! I'll repost some pictures of the different morphs this weekend. It has been a busy breeding season, the long wait for gestation is killing me.

embers said:
Is there a rule around these parts against photos..? I tried to post a topic here in the chit-chat area about my ball python, and there was an error prohibiting me to post that mentioned too many photos in the post (I have them all hosted remotely). Is it not prohibited to talk about other types of snakes? I don't want to inadvertently break any rules...

Hi, you already answered the question yourself :)
To avoid overloading you can only post so many pictures. Try breaking up the posts, or maybe not posting some of them.
Try again!

Back