• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

If it isn't a snake it doesn't count right?

CaptBogart

False Prophet
Ok, the show was kinda small, really lacking in Corns as to be expected this early in the season, but there were still some cool creatures to be had. Nanci would have traded her vehicle for a giant toad, and despite the, "You pick it up three times, you have to buy it rule", Craig walked away from a neat aberrant Nelsons, his wife Lisa was checking out "snake food" as pets, and passed on the Blue Rats and fuzzy bunnies... I was checking out the lizards this time around, and was looking for a Peach Throat Monitor. There was a large sub-adult, but without a 6' x 4' x 3' enclosure, I had to pass on such a large guy, but what's the fun in getting a big untamed lizard? The small untamed lizards do much less damage, (remind me to tell you the "giant welt across my forehead from a tail whip" story someday). The tank I do have is a bit smaller, so I have to start small... well kinda small... as far as Monitors go. :D
2007_0423Timor0021.jpg

I found a sweet sub-adult female Timor, and after she scratched the heck out of my hands I remembered how much I miss not having the one reptile that got me into reptiles in the first place... Prehistoric, dinosaur looking, lizards...
2007_0423Timor0025.jpg

With the long flicking tongues...
2007_0423Timor0050.jpg

and hunt their prey...
2007_0423Timor0045.jpg

2007_0423Timor0039.jpg

Just too cool.... Now if I can only think up a good name for this little girl.... :shrugs:

She is sooooo cool! I can't wait to see her progression. A name suggestion: Littlefoot. From one of my favourite films "The land before time!.

Wow she looks good! I love the picture of her eating the cricket. And that viv- that looks like something I'd design! Wait till you see what Lila goes into Wednesday, it's so much the same.

That Nelson's- I picked it up at least three times, and even had the guy pop her. She was a beauty.

Timor girl looks like a jaguar to me- or some spotty cat. I would also find humor in calling her Timmah.

Nanci

What a cute little lizard!! Philosoraptor Comes to my mind when looking at her/him, They do look like dinosaurs Aswell! ! : )

Thank you for sharing!

George ~ P~c~S

Tula_Montage said:
She is sooooo cool! I can't wait to see her progression. A name suggestion: Littlefoot. From one of my favourite films "The land before time!.
Lol, Katie said, "Ducky".... Nope...

Nanci said:
Wow she looks good! I love the picture of her eating the cricket. And that viv- that looks like something I'd design! Wait till you see what Lila goes into Wednesday, it's so much the same.

That Nelson's- I picked it up at least three times, and even had the guy pop her. She was a beauty.

Timor girl looks like a jaguar to me- or some spotty cat. I would also find humor in calling her Timmah.

Nanci
I can't wait to see her viv set up. I miss designing the vivs since I moved just about everyone into tubs... It was fun :D
I actually said "Timmah", on the way home, but I have a Timmy, the Jurassic... and yep, I just dumped the crickets in after they were dusted... I'll give her a fuzzy tomorrow :grin01:
I got my 1.0 Nelsons from them last year, and they're from the same line. I'll breed him to the Bulls Eye Albino next year, so hopefully I'll get some nice aberrant ones het Albino....
Plissken said:
That is one cool little lizard! Great setup too :cheers:
Thanks, she's about a foot long now, with another foot or two to go... :cheers:

Wow. That's a cool lizard. I think she needs a very hard-core name. Cruella springs to mind, but I'd bet there are some that would suit her better.

desertanimal said:
Wow. That's a cool lizard. I think she needs a very hard-core name. Cruella springs to mind, but I'd bet there are some that would suit her better.
I did just come up with a name... Sliver... the 0.1 Timor Monitor.

(If I ever get a male? Sabor...)

Sweeet... I love that first pic and the one of her catching the cricket! I always thought the monitors were fascinating and yeah, they do look so prehistoric! Great name too.

Jenn

Nice set up Joe...

Looks great. My set-ups are going in reverse but I'm space challenged for now and everybody's habitats have been downsized. After the final move you and Katie can come over, take pics and set up my habitats. There will be a little something extra in your paycheck. :grin01:

P.S.- I bent over and had Lisa kick me in the a** over skipping on the Nelson's. :cool:

That's a really beautiful animal, Joe. Congratulations. :cheers:

But regarding your thread title's question, my answer is: it counts as TWO, at least! :grin01: She'll need more room than your average colubrid, she'll need daily feedings, and a bite from her will be much more unpleasant than one from your average colubrid. ;)

She really in gorgeous! I would have suggested Gracie. The first picture gives her a very graceful look.

Well, for my two cents worth, I think Freckles suits her better.

She is a beauty. Makes me wish I could shrink Lizzy down to hatchling size. Maybe my wrists then wouldn't look like I was an extra in a slasher movie.

Great looking dino - :crazy02:

Tula_Montage said:
I'm still going to refer to her as Ducky... LOL
Noooooooo..... :D

Cflaguy said:
After the final move you and Katie can come over, take pics and set up my habitats. There will be a little something extra in your paycheck. :grin01:
Lol, I would help, that's the funnest part :crazy02:

Roy Munson said:
That's a really beautiful animal, Joe. Congratulations. :cheers:

But regarding your thread title's question, my answer is: it counts as TWO, at least! :grin01: She'll need more room than your average colubrid, she'll need daily feedings, and a bite from her will be much more unpleasant than one from your average colubrid. ;)
I know, luckily she hasn't proved herself to be a biter, just the long nails got me during her first inspection. She calmed down pretty quick once she was secured, lol... I really miss my 500 gallon Plexi which shattered trying to move it down here, but she won't need that big of a tank like the others :grin01:

mbdorfer said:
Really cool Cap! But isn't that Azriel's former home? How could you! :grin01:
Doh! Busted! Lol, Azriel is enjoying a space next to her boyfriend in the rack. Hopefully seeing her every day will get him over his fear of her.... except maybe when she eats those jumbo mice way bigger than him...

Thanks Jenn, Savvy, and Sue :D

Back