• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Any Iowa Herpers??

Pruddock

Gig 'Em Ags!! Whoop!!
Hey guys. I'm back home in Iowa for the summer and the herping here sucks so far this year. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places, but I've been checking up and down the Iowa R. and in some wooded and wet areas around Marshalltown, but there is just nothing here! The rain hasn't been helping much either. Anyways, I'm thinking about heading over towards SE Iowa and seeing if I might have some better luck down there with my brother, but if anybody has any good spots in Iowa or Northern Missouri please hook me up. I'm goin nutty lol. I've been out 6 times and only seen oogles of frogs but no snakes or turtles. In Texas it was more like go out for an hour and see 6 snakes lol. It could be a loooonnnnggg summer lol. :sobstory:

LOL so the same day that I posted this I was checking out this field after work for about 10 minutes and 30 feet from the car and look down and see this little garter snake racing through the grass so I caught the little guy and took some pictures of him. Its not much, but it'll hold me over for a couple of days and it give me some hope that there actually ARE snakes in Iowa :cheers:

Im from around burlington Iowa and though I don't really go hunting for snakes much I usually only run across garters and watersnakes on the occasion when I do spot one.

:cry: and watersnakes are not nice.. lol not even the babies....

Back